130lbs to lose.

Options
mshopey
mshopey Posts: 125 Member
I hadn't weighed myself since before my wedding. I've been eating like a pig. And simple tasks have become a lot harder to do, i am ashamed. I NEED to do something now! So here i am, trying again, I have a lot of weight to lose. And would like any friends to help motivate me, and i can motivate you too :)
Lets give this another go!

Replies

• bryant28408
    bryant28408 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    you've come to the right place. There is no need to be ashamed. We are all here because we have weight issues. We're friends and ready to help and encourage. You can do this!
  • SassyMoonbeams
    SassyMoonbeams Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Hello lady! I have about 140ish to lose. I hear you! I know what it's like to struggle with those day to day tasks , even the simplest things make me break out into a sweat :embarassed: I will send you a request :)
  • LollyChester
    Options
    I gave up shame for Lent this year! I'm in the same boat with 120 pounds to lose!! Would love to add you to my friends! We can do this!
  • Flabulous_83
    Options
    I am also trying to lose over 100 pounds. Will send you a request and we can take this journey together!!

59333043.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • tanfit4life
    tanfit4life Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I lost over 100 pounds-and have struggled with my weight my whole life-now I am taking charge-and need to still have 25 pounds to lose-so you can do this journey good luck
  • JediSwan
    JediSwan Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, I log daily. I am currently trying to lose my last 60 to reach my goal, 40 down already. :)
    I wish you the best of luck in your journey!
  • jlshea
    jlshea Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    I put on a ton of weight after my wedding too. It sucks and I understand the shame part. We have fat to lose but we are not going to let fat be what defines us. Feel free to add me. We can do it.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    I was right where you are about 4 1/2 years ago. I was heavy at my wedding but due to a death in the family (junk food and drinking is so comforting but so high in calories) and just becoming compliant, I packed on another 20+ pounds over the next year, putting me at my heaviest weight ever (260) and making me feel like crap. Every day tasks were getting harder to do and I just didn't feel good about myself anymore. Seeing pictures of myself was the absolute last straw.

And I'll tell you, when I finally faced that ultimate goal, it just about gave me a panic attack. I had to lose at least 100 pounds to get closer to a healthy weight and that really freaked me out. But I finally faced it, put it behind me and focused instead on smaller goals like improving my eating habits (eating more fruits, veg, less soda, etc) and starting to get more active. I knew through doing these things (along with logging food/exercise of course) that I would get there eventually.

Take it slow and steady and take good care of your body and it will take care of you. Best of luck!
  • katiejo2011
    katiejo2011 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Take it slow and steady and take good care of your body and it will take care of you. Best of luck!

This sounds like good advice, this is what i have to keep telling myself, every time i weigh in and don't see a change, I have to remember that it will take time.

I wish you success on your journey. I recently started logging every day now because i have about 100 lbs to lose and I want to get it done instead of saying, well maybe i will start tomorrow. Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • xquisiteluv
    xquisiteluv Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I have 90lbs to loose!! We can do this looking ro meet new people and get some encouragement
  • LoraAnn86
    LoraAnn86 Posts: 14
    Options
    I'm with you. I topped out at my heaviest weight ever in December. I'm looking to lose about 100 more. I started the Medical Weight loss and Wellness January 6th and lost 40lbs in 2 months. Felt great but you are extremely restricted from eating certain things (carbs for instance) and I wasn't happy. I want to lose weight the healthy way while still enjoying life so here I am again, trying to do this. Only thing is this time my attitude is I CAN DO THIS and I HAVE TO DO THIS! We can all do this together!
  • JulsiePie
    JulsiePie Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Hey! I know how you feel!!!! I started at 293 about 2 weeks ago, and need to lose 150ish pounds. I've been married for almost 7 years and this is by far by heaviest I've been :-/
  • Pirate_chick
    Pirate_chick Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    welcome! I started with 170lbs to lose, now I have 134 to go. I'll send you a friend request, we can cross that finish line together!
  • sfsoccermom2
    sfsoccermom2 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Feel free to friend me. I just started on this journey as well. I have about 120 to lose. We can do this!
  • Roadrunnr313
    Options
    I started with 134 to lose. Anyone supportive may add me (I'm new on this site)
  • Tamiko128
    Tamiko128 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    We can do this!!!! Send me a friend request.
  • bakokari57
    bakokari57 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    We all can encourage one another and be successful with baby steps that add up over time. I started out with 153 pounds to lose. Feel free to friend me.