Going grociery shopping tonight: What is your go to staple?

Options
I'm struggling with buying the same thing over and over and over again at the grociery store! What's some unique products that you guys buy consistently that keep you healthy and happy? (I'm a vegetarian :) )

Replies

• Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    Whole wheat 100 calorie flat bread. You can fill it, roll it up and be out the door with breakfast or lunch in hand.
  • LinkousSara
    LinkousSara Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    eggs, banana's, protein powder (mix with almond milk, spinach and whatever frozen fruit I have).
  • rockmama72
    rockmama72 Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    Walmart has had Chobani yogurt single sizes for $1 for a while. I'm pretty sure that my family of five has spent at least $200 on yogurt in the past couple of months.

I've been buying a lot of dried beans and trying new crock pot recipes. I love to have bean soups or chili for lunch. They're easy, high fiber, good protein, and cheap, which is good because I spend all my money on Chobani.

I also usually browse the Internet and choose at least two new healthy recipes before I shop.
  • calajane
    calajane Posts: 52
    Options
    I always need to have eggs ( fave breakfast food), carrots (for snacking) and tomatos for soup.
  • laurie04427
    laurie04427 Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Cartons of eggs and onions. These two things are always on my grocery list. I'm vegetarian too.

Half a dozen egg whites scrambled with veggies is our go-to meal at home if we are too tired to think.
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    how vegetarian? I mean Lacto/Ovo, Pescetarian, Vegan?

I'm not vegetarian and my main staples are eggs, chicken breast and ground turkey. So that's probably of zero help to you unfortunately.
  • shutterbug282
    shutterbug282 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Mushrooms, Spinach, Apples, Mixed Nuts, Yoghurt, Chicken and Sweet Potato!
  • tabbyblack13
    tabbyblack13 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    eggs and a lot of different vegetables. Omlets are relly popular with me but I will always have a basic salad too.
  • iRun_Butterfly
    iRun_Butterfly Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Eggs, string cheese, greek yougurt, spinach, spring mix, avocados, whole wheat english muffins, spicy red pepper hummus, protein powder, milk. I could pretty much live a happy existence with those items.
  • JonnyQwest
    JonnyQwest Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Low calorie hummus and mini carrots.....feels you up!
  • Pirate_chick
    Pirate_chick Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    Frigo Cheeseheads 50 calorie string cheese. I am a cheese addict. This gives me the delicious creamy goodness without all the calories.
  • maz504
    maz504 Posts: 450
    Options
    String cheese & raspberries! Always!
  • Kelkath72
    Kelkath72 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    spinach, brown rice, mushrooms, sugar free wheat bread, oranges, bananas, grapes, and black bean burgers. now i'm hungry for a salad after typing that....lol!
  • newjojie
    newjojie Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Spinach, mini peppers, yogurt, blueberries, sweet potatoes, eggs, almonds, brown rice, whole wheat pasta, avocados, chicken and ground turkey.
  • Mof3wc
    Mof3wc Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Baby carrots, eggs, unsweetened almond milk, tuna (that doesn't help you though) mini rice cakes, libertè Greek yogurt, strawberries and aged cheddar.
  • lknmomma
    lknmomma Posts: 6
    Options
    "Low calorie hummus and mini carrots.....feels you up!"

What if I want the hummus and carrots but I prefer not to be felt up. :noway:
    Sorry...I couldn't resist!! :smile:
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I have a pretty long list of staples:

brown rice, quinoa, canned and dried beans (of all sorts), leafy greens (usually spinach, kale and/or collards), brussel sprouts, cauliflower, Flat Out brand wraps, carrots, onions, garlic, cocoa roast almonds, soy milk, various types of mustard, vinegar and hot sauce

These are things that I try never to be without (excluded any non-vegetarian items)

Edit: I forgot peanut butter!!
  • Gingycat40
    Gingycat40 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Eggs, Greek Yogurt, Chicken, Frozen Vegetables, Fresh Vegs- Lettus, Tomatoes, Cukes, Peppers, Fruit - Apples, Berries, Banannas, Cantelope, Mini Carrotts, Hummus, Lot Fat-Low Salt Popcorn, WW Bread.
  • embachner
    embachner Posts: 14
    Options
    Yum! I'm a lacto/ovo vegetarian, so eggs and whatnot are good for me! Although Ive been drinking almond milk, because regular milk is just nasty tasting and i need calcium! Good ideas though! And all simple, non-packaged food. I love hummus!
  • MissMaryMac33
    MissMaryMac33 Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    Low calorie hummus and mini carrots.....feels you up!

If these felt me up, I would buy them more often :p