The M&M's Diet

Options
Nutrition experts at candy company M&M Mars have released the newest weight lost method to hit the market: the M&M's diet. Selections from an interview with company spokesman, Skip Wiffleball, are listed below:

Reporter: "Thank you for meeting with us tonight. So, tell us, exactly, what is the M&M's diet?"

Wiffleball: "It is the results of many years study and research into a new, productive weight loss system. It combines everyone's love of chocolate with their desire to get their bodies into better shape. We believe it will revolutionize the industry and aid dieters everywhere."

Reporter: "Milk Chocolate is full of sugar and is universally considered to be fattening. How can it help people to lose weight?"

Wiffleball: "It is all in the way that the chocolate is used to help with the dietary requirements. Botulism is a severe poisoning, but people use botox safely for many elective and corrective procedures. It is all in the use and the amounts."

Reporter: "Exactly how does it work?"

Wiffleball: "We ask all of potential participants to choose a standard diet. They can go with the Adkins plan, the Pritkin Plan, the old grapefruit diet, Weight Watchers, Jenny Craig, or any of the thousands of other diets that are marketed and sold all over the country. You just pick the diet that is right for you."

"One of the reasons that many of these diets have failed for many people is that they feel that they are losing out on eating many of their favorite foods. Our diet used our product to replace these foods psychologically in the minds of the participant."

"Then, you purchase a small bag of M&M's from your local grocer or convenience store. With your diet stipulated breakfast, you also eat one brown and one orange M&M. This will replace, at least in your mind, your coffee, your bacon or sausage, your toast, and your orange juice. These are all items that are brown or orange. The caloric intake from two M&M's is so small that it is insignificant in comparison to the mental and emotional benefits of having your traditional brown and orange foods in the morning."

"For lunch, many of us stop at the local fast food place and grab a hamburger. We miss not having the greasy, fatty, burger and fries when we are forced to eat something that is supposed to be good for us. On the M&M's diet, we replace that hamburger and fries with a brown M&M to represent the bun, the beef, and the fries, a yellow one to represent the mustard, a red one to represent the tomato slice and the ketchup, and a green one to represent the pickle and lettuce. As with the breakfast, four of our candies will not add enough calories to work against the original plans of your diet. They will again, however, appease that hunger tradition of the Big Mac or the Whopper."

"For your supper, on most diets, you are no longer going to get the big steak and potatoes that you love. This is going to give you a feeling of the blues. At this point, you reach into your bag of M&M's and eat three of the blue ones. This conquers that feeling and gives you the quick energy needed to endure your bland, flavorless, "supposed to be good for ya'," meal."

"Our plan, then, just adds nine little M&Ms to your diet but aids your mental state to give you the strength to continue in your weight loss plan."

Reporter: "Sir, I don't want to sound negative, but it seems to me that you are simply trying to take advantage of everyone's love of chocolate, looking for ways to get around their diets, and the fad for weight loss. How would you respond to that?"

Wiffleball: "I've suffered through Adkins. I've gagged my way through the hard boiled egg diet. I've had a mouth full of sores from eating nothing but grapefruit for days on end. I'd have given anything for a handful of candy to keep me going. That is why we have this plan. We want to help the American dieter to lose weight happily."

Reporter: "If someone is interested, where can people get copies of your diet plan?"

Wiffleball: "We are going to include this on the back of all of our packages of M&M's. It will be right below the nutritional information

Reporter: "Is there anything else people should know about this diet plan?"

Wiffleball: "Yes. Due to the new, significant nature of our plan and the normal prohibitive costs of other weight loss systems, the small bag of M&M's will now have a nominal price increase from $0.69 to $29.95."

I did not come up with this FAKE news store but it made me laugh so I wanted to shear it with everyone! :laugh:

Replies

• scarlettbleu
    Options
    Awesome, I'm going out to buy some right now! :D Thanks for the laugh!
  • beautifulnow
    Options
    LOVE THIS!!!!!!!!!!
  • batty5
    batty5 Posts: 193
    Options
    Thanks for that as with many "weight loss" products it is a real laugh.
  • AmberElaine84
    AmberElaine84 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Love it! :)
  • chazsucks
    Options
    when i started reading i actually thought it was serious lol!!!!
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    LOL. As a chocolatier for dove/mars, I do want to say one thing.

Chocolate is good for you and SHOULD be included in your diet! It is rich with antioxidants, and good for the soul :)

Plus Mars (makers of M&Ms) is dedicated to helping their cocoa farmers improve their lives and that of their families. They are also partnered with the Smithsonian Institute to find a solution for sustainable cocoa farming, and practice fair trade.

CHOCOLATE IS AWESOME!
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    now does this also apply for PB M & M's? :tongue:
  • kt2007
    kt2007 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    thats to funny!!!!!! :):):)
  • jimmydeanbakker
    Options
    This is funny.
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    flowers.gif I eat PB M&M's almost daily.
  • AmberElaine84
    AmberElaine84 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    flowers.gif I eat PB M&M's almost daily.

Those are MY FAVORITE! I can't have them in the house at all, otherwise I'd eat the whole bag! :grumble:
  • daniface
    daniface Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    this is a joke right
  • LeeshLove
    Options
    Yes its a joke....
  • balfonso
    balfonso Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    For a second there, I'm saying out loudly halfway through, "Is this for real?! BS"

Funny.
  • xxPeppaxx
    xxPeppaxx Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    soooo dissapointed hahahahaha
  • LeeshLove
    Options
    Oh me too!!! I LOVE the p-nut butter M&M's!!! I can't think of anything better than chocolate & penutbutter!!! :heart:
  • Ge0rgiana
    Ge0rgiana Posts: 1,649 Member
    Options
    Am I the only one who LOL'ed at "Skip Wiffleball"???
  • ginnyroxx
    Options
    that was a lot of words. :noway:
  • xxPeppaxx
    xxPeppaxx Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    that was a lot of words. :noway:

BAHAHAHAHAHA :laugh:
  • Chickabittie
    Options
    Am I the only one who LOL'ed at "Skip Wiffleball"???

Nope, I did too! lol!