My Journey So Far

jbuck3
jbuck3 Posts: 8
edited September 22 in Success Stories
Well I am 5 days in and so far so good, I am 9 lbs lower on scales. Eating healthier than I have in years. I am waiting to see how long I have these large losses daily, I know it won't last forever and the real work will start then. All I know is this coming summer I don't want to be the person small kids point at and say mommy look how fat that guy is! I heard it way too much this year. I came here from WW.com where I really couldn't get into their program even though I was paying for it! Here things just seem to be laid out so much better and nobody is trying to sell me stuff every time I log on! I want to thank those who have friended me this week and invite more to jump on my bandwagon!

Replies

• batty5
    batty5 Posts: 193
    Good luck on your journey & well done on loss so far. Do not get discouraged at any blips beacuse they do right themselves if you continue to eat healthily.
  • yellowfairy
    yellowfairy Posts: 207 Member
    Good luck! I have been here about five weeks-and love it. I have only lost 6 pounds-but am proud of that fact! I went from being someone who NEVER did any exercise (in fact-if you would have told me a building was on fire, rather than run-I might have considered it just my time to go! LOL). Seriously, never exercised-to now working out AT LEAST three days a week, usually more-and enjoying it! I feel I am happier and more energized when I do it before going to work-so there are other aspects of my life that this journey is affecting-and it feels great.

I wish you the best on this journey, and I know that you WILL succeed!
  • larsonp
    larsonp Posts: 55 Member
    Stick with it!
    Many people find that the first week (or even two), weight comes off very quickly...
    After that, you will be on a slow journey towards a new body.

It's taken me a year, but I've lost 50 pounds, and I'm approaching a healthy weight. You can probably aim to lose 2 pounds a week and still be healthy.

The best advice I can give someone starting out is that you *must* set reasonable goals that don't involve an inconvenience to your life and mental health. That is a recipe for disaster. -- If you have to climb a mountain, you do it slowly. Don't try to run up it.
  • reneeot
    reneeot Posts: 773 Member
    SUPER!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • viggie
    viggie Posts: 155 Member
    Glad you're aboard! I to went to WW 3 times no less, but this is the best thing going and it's free:bigsmile: Just remember to journal everyday and drink your water and you'll do fine. I've only been here a week and 3 days and have lost 3lbs. I weighed today and lost another 2, but my official weigh in is Sundays. Much success to you!
  • lastchance2010
    lastchance2010 Posts: 494 Member
    :smile: welcome and congrats on your 9lb loss!!! That's great. We are all here with the same motive...lose weight and be healthy! Don't give up. there is SO MUCH support here and I hope your journey is a good and healthy one!! Good luck to ya! :drinker:
  • soze
    soze Posts: 604 Member
    Welcome aboard! Great weight loss for the first 5 days. That should slow down as you continue. Make sure you drink water and eat right.

We're all in the same boat here. Good luck to you!
  • skyski_tige
    skyski_tige Posts: 67 Member
    Welcome to the group. Congrats on taking the first step!
  • superwmn
    superwmn Posts: 936
    Welcome! This site is so supportive. We're glad you're here :)

Don't get discouraged if/when your losses slow. We're in this forever and if you rinse and repeat every day FOREVER, you WILL succeed. No need to get discouraged if your losses slow when forever is your time frame.

YOU CAN DO IT!!!

Charmagne
  • The best advice I can give someone starting out is that you *must* set reasonable goals that don't involve an inconvenience to your life and mental health. That is a recipe for disaster. -- If you have to climb a mountain, you do it slowly. Don't try to run up it.

I heartily agree. I am losing very slowly but compared to the gaining-very-slowly I was doing before, I'm ecstatic.

Do what doesn't make you feel deprived and that you can see doing for the rest of your life to keep it off. My husband would be pushing chocolate at me if this was making me grumpy! LOL!

As someone said to me, the weight didn't go on in a day; it's not going to come off in a day.

Congrats on the decision to change your life and the good start!
This discussion has been closed.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!