Traded up??

Options
2»

Replies

• ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    Technically, I think "traded up" means you traded an ex for someone better. If we're going to use sports analogies to describe dating someone who is hotter/"better" than YOU, I prefer "You outkicked your coverage."
  • Jenn_Lyn1102
    Jenn_Lyn1102 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I think you are right, I think he was jealous of how much fun we were having and wanted to be a grump and shut it down. I acted like it didn't faze me, but here I am Monday morning just still running it through my mind. Thanks to you all I feel a lot better just getting out there and off my chest!
  • shoneybabes
    shoneybabes Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Drink makes people lose their filter. I wouldn't believe anything that comes from someone like that. If you don't know him, even better. His personal thoughts are his own. You cant change them and they mean nothing to you. Only your opinion and your husbands matter :)
  • pattyproulx
    pattyproulx Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    Ya, I doubt he's saying you're dating someone hotter than you.

1 - trading is giving up something for something else.
    2 - unless that's just an incredibly flattering picture of you, it's very unlikely that a drunk guy would think that your boyfriend is better looking than you by a big enough margin to make a comment. (Guys wouldn't think "Wow, that's a really really good looking guy. What's he doing with that girl?", unless the girl is *really* unattractive - which you're not)

Either, a) he knows your ex and thinks this new guy is way cooler than the last or b) he thinks you're someone else who dated someone much less cool than your boyfriend.
  • Jenn_Lyn1102
    Options
    From his wife [9:58 AM]:
    I asked him if he remembered that and he didn't really.

Me [9:58 AM]:
    What did he mean?

His wife [9:59 AM]:
    I told him what he said and he said your husband is a good looking guy.

Me [9:59 AM]:
    And I am chop liver?! HAHHAHA

He was TOTALLY complimenting my husband, and I think into him I guess! LOL!
  • MB2MN
    MB2MN Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Yep...drunk idiot and probably thinks your husband's hot and was angry that he's straight and with you ;-)

Was my first thought.
  • MB2MN
    MB2MN Posts: 334 Member
    Options

What did he mean?

And you're both adorable.
  • Jenn_Lyn1102
    Options

What did he mean?

And you're both adorable.

Thanks you made my day MB2MN ;)

..and now my hubby is completely weirded out!!
  • Jenn_Lyn1102
    Options
    ..and now my hubby is completely weirded out!!
    [/quote]

Nothing wrong with a little man love every once in a while. If you're into that kind of thing.
    [/quote]

:laugh: true jtexas
  • HuggyBeahr
    HuggyBeahr Posts: 259
    Options
    He was trying to be nice, just said it how it would sound in his head. He may have come off offensive but he meant to compliment you on your choice of spouse. I never speak to people I dislike so I doubt he would have said anything at all if his beef was with you.

-nothing wrong with a bromance
  • funforsports
    funforsports Posts: 2,656 Member
    Options
    I take it as your husband is a hell of a lot better than the last guy you dated.
  • craftywitch_63
    craftywitch_63 Posts: 829 Member
    Options
    He'd been drinking right? And he's not somebody you know? If that's the case, I wouldn't worry about what he meant.

I'm a cranky old lady, too and I wouldn't give a f*** whether he'd been drinking or not, was a stranger, my best friend or my brother. I still would have written him off as an idiot, given his rude comment no thought whatsoever and moved on with my life. The more attention you give his stupid statement the more plausibility you give it and he deserves none at all.

Just sayin'

jOYabAN.jpg

Just to be clear: YOU need the vaccine against stupid people (the guy that made the comment! :drinker: )
  • depuydt2011
    depuydt2011 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Maybe he is an international spy disguised as a drunk neighbor. He thought you were his informate so he told you the secret phase. When you did not utter the responding phase, he knew he was wrong and moved on.