Zelda: Link Between Worlds

Options
MichkaMeShell
MichkaMeShell Posts: 34 Member
I bought this game a few weeks ago and play it in my spare time....or when I should be studying for an exam. It never fails though, with any Zelda game I almost always resort to looking up a walk-through online in order to help me get through tough spots. I don't follow it meticulously, but when things really start to stump me, I can't help but look it up! It's the only way I can continue to enjoy the game instead of throwing my hands up and shutting my DS

Anyone out there who REFUSES to look at a walk-though and insist on finding it out on their own? Is it even possible....

Sometimes I feel guilty, haha, like I've eaten something and not logged it ;)

Replies

• ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    Don't feel guilty. EVERY Zelda game I've played, I've done it with a walkthrough because I like to 100% games like that. I have yet to finish Link Between Worlds. In fact, I never finished Skyword Sword either.....Should get on that! lol
  • HedgeHugs
    HedgeHugs Posts: 80
    Options
    I LOVE Zelda! Especially twilight princess xD
  • ExtremePhobia
    Options
    Errr... Well... I write them. Does that count or disqualify me? =)
  • LaserOctopus
    LaserOctopus Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I don't like to consult walkthroughs ever.
    But I'm also a veteran of the early days of gaming, where there was no internet and there were no walkthroughs, not to mention no quest journals or objective markers or maps, lololol. You had a notebook and maybe some graph paper and wrote everything down. That may affect my opinion on walkthroughs, and also my tendency to come up with a million creative solutions until something works.

But in gaming, like everything else, there are a thousand ways to play. All that matters it that *you* enjoy playing, however you like to play, cheat or don't cheat, wallkthrough or no walkthrough, MP or SP, console or PC (or both, in my case), whatever.

No reason to feel guilty (or let anyone else try to make you feel guilty). Just enjoy the game. :drinker:
  • bachampion04
    bachampion04 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I'm with Laser...i dont like having to result to walkthroughs because it takes from teh gameplay and honestly for the money you spent on that particualr game. I mean heck if you going to spend $40-$70 for what the developers estimate for 72+ hours of gameplay but with a game guide you make it 1 day seems like a waste of money to me. But that's just me.

I played through that entire game without a game guide, honestly dont really need it cause they basically tell you where to go/paint the picture for free roam and clear as you like.

Amazing Zelda game, its been way to long since i played a good handheld Zelda. Wish i could play the gamecube ones but Youtube is fine for now :-)
  • Amwhite1986
    Amwhite1986 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I use a walk through occasionally, if after spending many many hours, or a day trying to figure something out. Then I mentally punch myself for not being able to get it myself since its usually something that I should have realized. lol
  • Slim_strategy
    Options
    I bought this game a few weeks ago and play it in my spare time....or when I should be studying for an exam. It never fails though, with any Zelda game I almost always resort to looking up a walk-through online in order to help me get through tough spots. I don't follow it meticulously, but when things really start to stump me, I can't help but look it up! It's the only way I can continue to enjoy the game instead of throwing my hands up and shutting my DS

Anyone out there who REFUSES to look at a walk-though and insist on finding it out on their own? Is it even possible....

Sometimes I feel guilty, haha, like I've eaten something and not logged it ;)

SHhhh you're not meant to tell anyone you look at walkthroughs! xD but yes, If I am absolutely desperately stuck.... I may have a sneaky peak at some advantageous advice ;D
    Of course I discourage others to look at walkthroughs because it's funny watching them struggle and I'm a hypocrite xD
  • impyimpyaj
    impyimpyaj Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    I use walkthroughs occasionally, but only if I'm really stuck. The only reason I do it though is because I am what my husband calls a "dirty gamer" -- I often start a game, get to a difficult part, get pissed off, walk away from it for a day or two, and then get distracted and never pick it up again. Walkthroughs are how I break that cycle so I can get past the aggravating part and get on with the game. :)
  • impyimpyaj
    impyimpyaj Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    Also, with regards to this particular game: I messed up. For my husband's birthday I bought him the special edition gold 3DS with this game. He loved it. But since the game is just installed on his system and not a cartridge, I'll probably never get to play it now. Selfishness fail. :laugh:
  • Cudleigh
    Cudleigh Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I don't like to use walkthroughs for the main plot. I'll beat a game once on my own before I'll look at them. However, after I've beaten it, I like looking through them for secrets I may have missed the first time, or silly things like all the bugs in Twilight Princess.