need advice, have to lose 3 pounds in 7 days

Options
Good morning everyone! I love monday mornings. I wake up so eager to hit the scale and see how last weeks efforts turned out. This mornings official weigh in is 222.1 I am now down another 2 pounds for a total of 33 pounds.I need to lose 3 pounds this week to hit 219 by Monday morning. Any tips, tricks or secrets any one wants to share to kill that extra pound this week? I think it's calling for cutting that one timmies coffee a day just for the week to see if it makes a difference. Omg that is the hardest thing I have ever said lol. Wishing every one good luck and faith in all your goals and adventures this week. Always try to think possitive and keep smiling.

Replies

• SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    3lbs in one week is not healthy unless you are exceptionally over weight?

why is there a time line???
  • Ayesha72
    Ayesha72 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    LC and exercise
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    It can be done...but unless it's an immediate goal for some of vital weighin, don't. If it's just to meet some arbitrary goal you've set for yourself, then really don't. Exercise, eat at a modest calorie deficit, and lose the right way.
  • maureli
    maureli Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    Good for you, sounds like you are doing well! I love Mondays for the same reason. I find drinking a lot of water helps, if you're not already that is. Also maybe add in some exercise if your not already.

oh...and i like the Timmies too :)
  • Boogage
    Boogage Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Why the rush? The slower you go the more likely you are to keep the weight off and 2lbs a week is great progress. Also if you lose too fast you will lose a lot of muscle mass. If it's just this one week then you could cut the calories a bit more or fast before the weigh in but I wouldn't recommend it. Pretty sure you could only have gained 1-2lbs a week so you can't really expect to lose faster.
  • Go_Mizzou99
    Go_Mizzou99 Posts: 2,628 Member
    Options
    Some thoughts:

Avoid salty anything...this might get rid of some water retention.

More fiber and regular - ahem - potty :wink:

Weigh in the morning after you get up and take care of morning business. This is the most consistent time to weigh.

Absolutely, positively NO SNACKS after supper this entire week.

Drink plenty of fluids.

Run a calorie deficit...and...follow Atkin's induction phase. A week won't kill you. I do this every now and again.
  • louise294
    louise294 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Quick weight loss is very easy, but then you put it all straight back on AND MORE!

My advice is give yourself less pressure, more time, make it a lifestyle, eat as much fruit and veg as possible, and concentrate on eating less fat and less salt. You will be happier and the weight will come off naturally as your body relaxes and is nourished by natural foods. I lost 2 1/2 stone on here in 8 months, that was 3 years ago, the weight gradually crept up after I lost it, and so I started to restrict and restrict even more, which is not sustainable and just doesn't work.
    I have now started eating more, but of the right foods (whole food- clean eating!) and the weight is coming off gradually, I'm eating 2500-3000 cals a day, no added salt, no processed food, no dairy, vegan- unlimited fruit and veg- the more the better!
    I feel nourished, I have tons of energy and I'm losing around 1 1/2 pounds a week. If anyone is interested I'm doing the 80-10-10 lifestyle, no it is not a quick fix fad diet, it is a way of life.
  • _Calypso_
    _Calypso_ Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure how tall you are, but being that you are 221lbs I think you can easily lose the 3lbs in a week. But like you said it will take major dedication on your part to keep under your calories, watch your sodium intake, your sugar intake and drink LOTS of water!!!

As you start to lose the weight the big losses (2+lbs) per week will stop and you'll need to adjust to 1lb per week and then to .5lb per week.
  • lemonsnowdrop
    lemonsnowdrop Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    I did the Slim Fast diet for two weeks. Lost 6 pounds in that time. The kicker? I got tired of eating/drinking the same crap and I felt tired all the time. Is it possible? Yes. It took a lot of effort to keep it off when switching to a normal diet, so be careful. It's better to lose weight slowly and in a healthy manner.
  • starrylioness
    starrylioness Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Less salt, more water and continue whatever it is you're doing. I just don't understand why you want to rush it.
  • jamesalytle
    jamesalytle Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    1500 calories a day is a big deficit to burn or not consume. Fingers crossed for you but I think your stuck with lean foods, water and lots of exercise. If you have access to a swimming pool, seems like you can burn more calories doing that (actual swimming laps mind you) than a lot of exercises.
  • Tpope66
    Tpope66 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    If you have a juicer you should look into Drew Canoles Alpha Reset.. Juice fasting for 1-3 days then add some protein into the nest 4-6 days. Trust me it works, plus all the benefits of the veggies.
  • autumnsquirrel
    autumnsquirrel Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone! I love monday mornings. I wake up so eager to hit the scale and see how last weeks efforts turned out. This mornings official weigh in is 222.1 I am now down another 2 pounds for a total of 33 pounds.I need to lose 3 pounds this week to hit 219 by Monday morning. Any tips, tricks or secrets any one wants to share to kill that extra pound this week? I think it's calling for cutting that one timmies coffee a day just for the week to see if it makes a difference. Omg that is the hardest thing I have ever said lol. Wishing every one good luck and faith in all your goals and adventures this week. Always try to think possitive and keep smiling.
    Where's the fire? What does you doctor say? Talk to your physician. Your body will respond when it is ready. However, that said, I was put on a low carb lifestyle change and I lost a lot of weight in the first week; it is mostly water weight and if you are not careful, you could put all of it back on. Please see your doctor first.
  • homerjspartan
    homerjspartan Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    Poop.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options
    Poop.

maybe twice.
  • Ang108
    Ang108 Posts: 1,711 Member
    Options

You have lost 33 pounds....you obviously know what works. There are no tricks and secrets....
    Good Luck !
  • Travelbug1955
    Travelbug1955 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Follow the Atkins diet and you will lose. The best benefit of Atkins is that you will not be hungry! http://www.atkins.com/Home.aspx
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    Poop.

maybe twice.

Eat a lot of chocolate, and you will achieve that. :drinker:
  • Sedna_51
    Sedna_51 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Using some of the advice I'm seeing here, I bet you could lose three pounds in a week. My question to you would be whether you'd then expect that kind of rapid loss to be sustainable long term. What happens after 7 days?

That said, if you really want to do this, best of luck! I'd recommend catching a mild stomach flu.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    :huh: