New from Boston

Options
Hello everyone, I just joined and I'm desperate to find a workout buddy who is a member at my gym. I am so motivated to get in shape and healthy and could really use someone to motivate each other, any tips as to how I could go about finding someone? I'm a member at the YMCA, work out 1 hour a day 3 to 4 times a week and I'm very flexible with times or which branch to go to, so if you or someone you know whats to be my workout buddy let me know :)

Replies

• SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    Welcome Bella,

I too am from the Boston area (north), and grew up in Medford, so I know how unfriendly the gyms in the area can be (us New Englanders can be quite clicky). Unfortunately I rarely go to gyms in the Boston area and if I did, I doubt you'd enjoy my workouts very much, but that won't stop me from welcoming you to MFP and encouraging you to keep looking. I recommend you sign up for a few classes, many times you can meet people with similar interests in them.

if you do want to go to the north shore to work out, my wife runs a Body Pump class in Danvers, you're more than welcome to come and check it out.

best of luck to you,

-Banks
  • BellaReina617
    BellaReina617 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for the warm welcome :) The north shore is def a bit out of the way for me but thanks for the offer and kind words, I'm gonna go ahead and continue my search and will try the class thing, it sounds like a very good idea :)