Quinoa recipes

Options
Jlmervin03
Jlmervin03 Posts: 152 Member
What are some good recipes for quinoa? I don't like it plain, but I would like to incorporate in my meals instead of rice. How do you like your quinoa cooked?

Replies

• Gemini61454
    Gemini61454 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I cook it in one of those mini - crock pots and put in the fridge to eat all week long. Over the course of the week I eat a poached egg over warmed quinoa for breakfast, add it to soups, casseroles, meatballs, meatless burgers, etc. There are many recipes online if you search on google or pintrest. Make sure you rinse well prior to cooking as it will be somewhat bitter if you don't. Good luck and enjoy.
  • fblanco2891
    fblanco2891 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Last night I tried a chicken quinoa casserole and it was the BOMB! You just need chicken, veggies, tomato sauce and quinoa. Cook everything, mix all the ingredients, pour mozzarella cheese on top and leave it in the oven for about 20min at 350 degrees. It's delicious!
  • Beckboo0912
    Beckboo0912 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    I did taco stuffed peppers with quinoa on the side...it was amazing! In the quinoa was black beans and tomatoes with green chilies...you could easily put some meat in there and it would be great.
  • dorriel58
    dorriel58 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I don't much like it plain - cook in low sodium broth for better flavor. I like it in a pilaf. I use the broth to saute a little onion. To that I add some other lightly cookedveggies. Some combos I like: kale+dried cranberries+slivered almonds, red and greeen bell peppers plus frozen corn.

Recently I used quinoa in place of rice to make fried rice. I made sure the quinoa was cooked very dry, then once very cool "fried it" with asian sesame oil. I added kale, edemame garlic, ginger and chopped scallions. A little soy sauce
  • Iknowsaur
    Iknowsaur Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Quinoa salad with fresh mozzarella, tomato, red onion, and basil. Drizzle with a home made balsamic vinaigrette :D

I also like it with chickpeas, shredded carrot, cucumber, red onion, spinach and feta, with home made Italian dressing.
  • singer201
    singer201 Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    I use it in place of rice, pasta, or noodles in beef vegetable or chicken soup. I've also subbed it for cooked rice in a broccoli/cheese/chicken casserole. I really like the subtle flavor it adds.
  • michelefrench
    michelefrench Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    I had it today w/ground turkey and feta...and have at home in stuffed peppers waiting to be eaten...also have made quinoa pancakes w/coconut milk that were so good I made a second batch the same day and froze the first ones...
    quinoa works for me pretty much anywhere I would have used rice or pasta...