anyone???

Options
i have a problem, im moving to a new neighborhood, and i dont feel very safe running at night around there, can anyone give me some ideas of workouts/exercises i can do at home and still burn as many calories?? i cant go to the gym to run there because i have a son, therefore my workout happens when hes asleep. any help would be greatly appreciated.

Replies

• SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    fitnessblender.com
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    Dancing, jump rope, jumping jacks, shadow boxing and there are tons of free videos on the internet.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    ^ fitness blender.

Also, you could join a gym (for example, YMCA) that has drop-in babysitting for an hour while you workout. Works fantastically and so worth it.
  • JenMc14
    JenMc14 Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    Fitnessblender.com is awesome. I do one of their quick HIIT workouts three days a week after my lifting session for a little something extra. They can be killer!
  • courtjade84
    courtjade84 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I do workout dvds before my kids wake up (impossible to do while they are awake lol). I'm currently doing Insanity 6 days a week at 5:30 am.
  • KarinaElsie
    Options
    i agree. i only have a 2 1/2 year old and he doesnt let me do anything. haha
    ive actually been wanting to try insanity, i heard its hell tho and im afraid to waste money buying it, and not being able to do it.
  • ewhsweets
    ewhsweets Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Insanity - which wont work if you dont fight through it - you can get a used copy on ebay, might be able to get videos on youtube - schedule is online just google "Insanity Calendar"

thedailyhiit.com (free workouts)
  • courtjade84
    courtjade84 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    i agree. i only have a 2 1/2 year old and he doesnt let me do anything. haha
    ive actually been wanting to try insanity, i heard its hell tho and im afraid to waste money buying it, and not being able to do it.

I downloaded mine :/ I felt the same way. I'm not going to lie, it's hard; but just push yourself to your limits and you get results, you don't need to be at their pace. I remember the first fit test I did and i was intimidated, but it's awesome when you see your progress just a few weeks later!
  • quellybelly
    quellybelly Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    Insanity. You can download it for free.
  • InsanityForMe
    InsanityForMe Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I do workout dvds before my kids wake up (impossible to do while they are awake lol). I'm currently doing Insanity 6 days a week at 5:30 am.

^^ I have been doing this for 4 years. It works for me because I get my workout in before the needs and demands of the day take over.
    Hope it helps! :-)
  • 99clmsntgr
    99clmsntgr Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    1) Choose a random number from 1 to 75:
    2) Go here: http://reebokcrossfitone.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/Travel-WODs.pdf
    3) See what your workout is.

It's all body weight, there's some running involved, but you could substitute the 400m runs with 2 minutes of jump rope (anything to get the heart rate elevated).