what motivated you today??

Options
Just finished a Body Pump class at the gym. There was a lady in the foyer selling swimsuits and picked out a suit 2X LARGER for me to try on. WT#??!! Once I take the knife out of my chest, I will definitely use this, but come on!!

Replies

• knot_enough
    knot_enough Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    i just looked in the mirror and remembered where I want to be.
  • Fiercely_Me
    Fiercely_Me Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Just finished a Body Pump class at the gym. There was a lady in the foyer selling swimsuits and picked out a suit 2X LARGER for me to try on. WT#??!! Once I take the knife out of my chest, I will definitely use this, but come on!!

I had a similar experience. She said "Size 18?" and I was so offended. I got to the dressing room and it just about fit perfectly. Talk about motivation!

The success stories I read yesterday in the "Pictures only before and after" post motivates me today
  • reddcat
    reddcat Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    dd00252....You are brave. I could not even try it on for fear she was right. Got the heck out of there.
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    I like big butts and I cannot lie
  • thewhitedragonfly
    Options
    I thought about how much stronger I've become. Then, after my workout, I realized that I actually need to lift heavier because it has become too easy :happy:
  • LaurenDanielle014
    LaurenDanielle014 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Putting on a size SMALL top to wear to work for the first time, and adding a belt to my pants because my clothes do not fit!
  • sumthnncredible
    sumthnncredible Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Because I ate so terribly this weekend.
  • Anonycatgirl
    Anonycatgirl Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    I did side planks today, without the modifications I needed just a few days ago. A little thing to some, but it proves my efforts are working, even more than the numbers on the scale do.
  • _MG_
    _MG_ Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    What motivated me today? I looked in the mirror and was still a fat *kitten* (though not as fat as I used to be).
  • MissySpring
    MissySpring Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    What motivated me today? The 7 months pg lady kicking my butt doing burpees and the 70+ year old lady doing pullups....if they can grunt it out, I sure as heck can!
  • MensEtSalvere2013
    MensEtSalvere2013 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    My trainer. He gave me a hug after we worked out together.
  • fannyfrost
    fannyfrost Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    Major Stress, couldn't get my lunch together before I left. Grabbed a protein bar. The guy I work with asked me if I wanted to take a walk to get lunch, yes, protein bar is just not enough. Well I could have gotten Chicken Parmesan sandwich or Sausage and peppers, but I looked at the broccoli, green beans and grilled Zucchini they had and it looked so good, well I had that with some italian bread. I did eat the protein bar a bit later.

Doesn't seem like a motivation, but I was thinking - I am not giving in to this major stress again and then feeling worse in a couple days. I am going to stay on track and enjoy my veggies :)

FYI, today is my off day for exercise.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    Today I was motivated by looking at the calendar and seeing that tomorrow will be ONE YEAR on My Fitness Pal. Even though my weight has gone back/forth for the past 10 days between 189-191, and was on the high side of that this morning (sodium, exercise)...I feel like I have come way too far to turn back ;-)
  • palmerdanielle
    palmerdanielle Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I had a pretty bad weekend food-wise, and this weekend was the first time since I started this journey I felt like old me, stressed, lack of sleep and wanted to binge. I decided that today will be better and I don't want to feel like that again or risk getting pulled back to my old ways. I've felt pretty strong and confident up until this weekend and I'm not going to give in over one bad weekend. I wasn't even horribly over on calories, it was more that my mindset was not where I wanted it to be. I'm not going back to the old me, and that was enough motivation for me today to get back on track and I already feel much better!
  • JulieE1002
    JulieE1002 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Buying clothes for the first time since losing 30 pounds and I found that I can buy pants right off the rack! Went from size 20 to size 14. Motivates me to continue!
  • BriTyler3
    BriTyler3 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Looking in the mirror, seeing my progress and wanting to complete them
  • Derpes
    Derpes Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    Honestly, nothing motivated me today......I did not want to workout whatsoever but I did anyway.
  • samanthamcmahon165
    Options
    I have been back on here for 5 days as of today, and as of this morning I have lost 3 pounds! I know you lose more in the first week, but seeing the scale go down is so motivating!
  • qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    what i ate yesterday LOL but the truth is im motivated the same every day. it just so happens that I ate more than usual yesterday.
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    Today? Absolutely nothing.