calories burned

Options
Hi. I'm new to myfitnesspal. I'm trying to document my exercise, but am disappointed to learn that it doesn't calculate calories burned. Am I doing something wrong? Thanks in advance for any help!

Replies

• mcrawley22
    Options
    it calculates calories burned for cardio but not strength training.
  • rnskmw
    Options
    I selected the exercise, added the time spent, but it's asking me to enter amt of calories burned. ??? Thanks, anyway.
  • MartiWillett
    MartiWillett Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    it calculates calories burned for cardio but not strength training.

it does both cardio and strength training...you just have to type strength training in the cardio search box :)
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    Enter "strength Training" into the cardio section to give you an estimate of calories burned.
  • ashlee954
    ashlee954 Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    If you want to enter strength training and have it count for calories burned as well as tracking your strength training then enter "strength training" into the cardio portion. It will then calculate it for ya.
  • jimmydeanbakker
    Options
    Under cardio put in strength training.
  • ashlee954
    ashlee954 Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    I selected the exercise, added the time spent, but it's asking me to enter amt of calories burned. ??? Thanks, anyway.

Just enter how long. It will calculate how many cals for you. The reason you are ABLE to change the calories burned IF you want to is if you use a HRM and know a more precise calorie burn for your specifications.
  • mcrawley22
    Options
    cool I didn't know to add strength under cardio.
  • BoresEasily
    Options

Just enter how long. It will calculate how many cals for you. The reason you are ABLE to change the calories burned IF you want to is if you use a HRM and know a more precise calorie burn for your specifications.

HRM's are useless for calculating calories burned during strength training. They're built for cardio and that's where they're the most accurate. Everything else is off.