LOOK like a bikini competitor/needing support

Options
Hi. My name is Amanda, 2 kids under 5 and stay at home mom! My main goal is to look like a bikini competitor. I am just starting out and I don't currently have access to a gym so I am doing it the harder way. I am looking to add friends who are also looking to do the same or maybe there are some of you out there that are competitors, and you can give me some support, tips, motivation, or just help me get started. I accept all and any help. I currently work out at home at least four days a week. I would really appreciate the help!

Replies

• livefitwithjess
    livefitwithjess Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I've competed before. You can add me.
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    That's my goal too! I'm working with a bikini trainer now. Got the diet, and the workouts. Just need to shed the fat, and pop out those muscles!
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    I've got most of the fat off, I need to build the muscle now. Just getting started. It's kind of tough as I can't do the weight work in a vertical position! (except the squats and lunges). I hope you guys do great!
  • Cameron_1969
    Cameron_1969 Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    that's my dream too. but. . well. . hair. :cry:
  • happysherri
    happysherri Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    I definitely like that "type" of look too. I prefer athletic over twiggy, stick figures - I just don't understand thigh-gap, collar bones, hip bones sticking out. -Which I see a lot of younger girls striving for.

I'm an avid Volleyball player
  • amandakay828
    Options
    Awe lol you should def go compete with guys????
  • Cameron_1969
    Cameron_1969 Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options

oh stop . . :tongue: :flowerforyou:
  • amandakay828
    Options

oh stop . . :tongue: :flowerforyou:
  • amandakay828
    Options
    Oops lol too funny^^^
  • amandakay828
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I appreciate the help????
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    I definitely like that "type" of look too. I prefer athletic over twiggy, stick figures - I just don't understand thigh-gap, collar bones, hip bones sticking out. -Which I see a lot of younger girls striving for.

I'm an avid Volleyball player

Try to remember that this is largely genetic. My collar bones were very visible at 230. Now they are downright sharp. I've got a small thigh gap, and visible hip bones. And I'm still more than 20 pounds away from where I need to be, and my body fat percentage is high. I lift 6 days a week, and have an athletic figure, but my bones do show.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    please keep in mind competitors do not like like that 365 days a year (well- bikini would be the one that came as close to an exception as you get) while they stay within a goal weight/range- they do not spend the whole year like that. So- i'ts a nice goal- but not something to shoot for year round.
  • wsuduce
    wsuduce Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    please keep in mind competitors do not like like that 365 days a year (well- bikini would be the one that came as close to an exception as you get) while they stay within a goal weight/range- they do not spend the whole year like that. So- i'ts a nice goal- but not something to shoot for year round.

This is great advice. Water depletion, carb manipulation all plays a part of "photoshoot day". Best of luck and enjoy all you learn!
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options

This is great advice. Water depletion, carb manipulation all plays a part of "photoshoot day". Best of luck and enjoy all you learn!

most of them look like complete and utter *kitten* the last 3 weeks LOL.

it's a chore for sure!
  • Gioooo
    Gioooo Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    If you have the right coach they do not carb deplete or water deplete . Im competing in 10 weeks and will be doing none of that..nor will i be looking like '*kitten*' lol
  • amandakay828
    Options

Thanks we all appreciate it!