Warrior Dash IL 2011

Options
So I am doing with my sister, but I would love it if some fellow MFPers would join us! June 18th and 19th!

Replies

• TaraMaria
    TaraMaria Posts: 1,975
    Options
    Is there a link? I would love to see what this is all about!! :o)
  • jrlenig
    jrlenig Posts: 364 Member
    Options
  • ismatts
    Options
    I have a friend that is doing it, This looks pretty intense. Have you done this before?
  • whyflysouth
    whyflysouth Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Alright. I'll give this a try. Which day and wave are you doing?
  • TaraMaria
    Options
    This looks so awesome but I would most likely die! I've never even heard of such a thing!!! Seriously! You would have to be a MASSIVE warrior to make it through this!!!
  • jrlenig
    Options
    I have friends that did it last year, I want to get in the first wave on Saturday, I am registering the 2nd week of jan so I will let you know for sure!
  • amg_89
    amg_89 Posts: 184
    Options
    I did it this past year. SO. MUCH. FUN. even if you aren't a runner, you'll love it. WEAR COSTUMES!
  • glfprncs2
    glfprncs2 Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the Warrior Dash in GA in May. If I love it, I may sign up for the Ohio dash in June and make it a point to visit my parents.
  • amg_89
    amg_89 Posts: 184
    Options
    You'll love it. Trust me.
  • Sherylp77
    Sherylp77 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    a bunch of friends and I are going to do the Oregon Warrior Dash in September!! I am so excited I heard its tons fo fun but, HARD!!
  • lastchance2010
    lastchance2010 Posts: 500 Member
    Options

oh my goodness,,,i'm so not there yet but when I am...that would be a HUGE accomplishment not to mention it looks like it would b a blast!!! Good luck with it!!
  • HeatherMN
    HeatherMN Posts: 3,821 Member
    Options
    I plan on doing the Minnesota one this year. I'm terrified, but I think it's a good personal challenge.
  • BobbyDaniel
    BobbyDaniel Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    There is one in Louisiana on the weekend of my 40th birthday...i may have to make some plans!
  • kelbel76
    kelbel76 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Looks hard but fun! I live in the area so I may do it. I'm faltering a bit right now with the weight loss so maybe having a goal to work towards will help.
  • TaraMaria
    Options
    It looks amazing! The two things that scare me the most are the hay (Terribly allergic) and ya know...breaking an ankle. Thats all. Haha! Its an hour and a half away from me...it makes me half way tempted to do it...
  • jrlenig
    Options
    I need something big to get me through this winter, and I think this is it, I am not a huge runner, usually 5k's just bore me, and this looks nothing like a bore, I get more stoked every time I visit the site!
  • Caffeinewitch
    Caffeinewitch Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Okay, you got me. There's one in MD around the time I want to have lost 50 pounds. Even if I haven't by then I'm still gonna do it. Thanks!!
  • HeatherMN
    Options
    For anyone who has done it before, what would you recommend for training?
  • kelbel76
    kelbel76 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Well, I don't know about anyone else, but I'm now signed up for the craziness. I guess this means I need to get my fat *kitten* into gear.
  • HeatherMN
    Options
    I signed up for the Minnesota one this morning! There's no turning back now!