Best workouts to tone legs?

Options
Hello everyone!
I have been losing weight, toning up, etc. but the ONLY thing that has stayed the same is my legs. It is the one part of my body that refuses to tone up or lose some weight. Any recommendations on some exercises that are great for toning up your legs? I know it's difficult to spot reduce, but I'm at a loss here. Anything would help! Thank you :smile:

Replies

• TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!
    I have been losing weight, toning up, etc. but the ONLY thing that has stayed the same is my legs. It is the one part of my body that refuses to tone up or lose some weight. Any recommendations on some exercises that are great for toning up your legs? I know it's difficult to spot reduce, but I'm at a loss here. Anything would help! Thank you :smile:

It's not difficult to spot reduce....it's IMPOSSIBLE to spot reduce (unless perhaps surgery?).

Anyway, it's genetics.....you will lose weight....where your body wants to. For me the thighs are the last to go. Just continue to workout & lose weight. Squats, deadlifts are good....add weights to bump it up.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    Squats, Deadlifts & Lunges with heavy weights.
  • RockWarrior84
    RockWarrior84 Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    ^^^ this never ignore leg day
  • DeadliftAddict
    DeadliftAddict Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    ^^^ this never ignore leg day

I second that.
  • AlayshaJ
    AlayshaJ Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    ^This.
  • doubleohstatus
    Options

^^this and also sumo squats, hack squats, romanian deadlifts, step ups, hamstring curls, oh and calf raises (standing, sitting). Theres a good variety.
  • monstergirl14
    monstergirl14 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Everything everyone else said! Google proper form if you've never done anything of the sorts. I have lost several inches in my legs by doing this. Good luck! :D
  • monstergirl14
    monstergirl14 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Everything everyone else said! Google proper form if you've never done anything of the sorts. I have lost several inches in my legs by doing this. Good luck! :D

I will add kettlebell swings because it works your back as well as your legs.
  • tiffanilaughalot
    Options
    Thank you all! I pretty much do all these already, but I will start adding heavier weights into my routines!