Options
2»

Replies

• Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    and the elevator fell a floor

OMGosh, that would have done me in.
    I would have peed myself and passed out in fear.
    My heart would have exploded.

Whew girl, (((hugs)))
  • MontanaGirl
    MontanaGirl Posts: 1,251 Member
    Options
    I probably wouldn't be tooo bad with the being stuck part. But falling a floor???? I would have to go home and change clothes!! Goodness girl, glad you are o.k.!! Hey - you made it through an experience that was very scary and panic attack or no - you made it and are recovering from the panic - you are one strong chicka and don't you forget it!! :flowerforyou:
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    Here's what I'd look like if that happened to me! e021.gif

Good on you to keep going though--I'd have taken the rest of my shift off--heck, the rest of the week!--off
  • jlwhelan1
    jlwhelan1 Posts: 664
    Options
    I'm so sorry. I have not been stuck for long...but my building has the creepiest elevator ever. I avoid it whenever possible... Did you get on the emergency phone right away?
  • obliged
    obliged Posts: 465
    Options
    Here's what I'd look like if that happened to me! e021.gif

Good on you to keep going though--I'd have taken the rest of my shift off--heck, the rest of the week!--off

i'm debating it seriously,
    and seriously debating hazard pay, stress leave, you name it if it gets me off work until i feel better i want it!

thanks guys i think i've calmed down enough to have a shower and go to bed

discretion.jpg
  • obliged
    Options
    I'm so sorry. I have not been stuck for long...but my building has the creepiest elevator ever. I avoid it whenever possible... Did you get on the emergency phone right away?

yeah but they couldn't hear me over the damned elevator music,
    it took them about 5 minutes realize where i was
    and of course i had no reception so i couldn't use my phone:grumble:
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:
    i hate work
    i was stuck in the elevator for an hour, i didnt even get to start on a floor!

needless to say i had a major panic attack again!
    two in less than twenty four hours
    :sick: :grumble: :explode: :cry:

hug me?:frown:

OMG no way!!! oh GIGANTIC LIBRA HUGS TO YOU MY SWEET!!! freakin' elevator....don't make me go down under and kick its butt!!! :grumble:

I am so sorry boo!!!
    more hugs and hugs and hugs.....
    Ali :heart:
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options

yeah but they couldn't hear me over the damned elevator music,
    it took them about 5 minutes realize where i was
    and of course i had no reception so i couldn't use my phone:grumble:

omg stuck WITH ELEVATOR MUSIC AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH! :frown: the horror:noway: ....you need a hug and a good shot boo!!!:drinker:
  • Losing_It
    Losing_It Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    hug.gif

I'd soooooo be in the Rubber Room Hotel if I got stuck in a elevator. :noway: :noway:

Shannon, I need to remember NOT to take a drink of anything before I read your posts! :laugh:
  • obliged
    Options
    thank-you everyone for helping:flowerforyou:

i still haven't quite stopped shaking yet:frown:
    so i think i may go see the doctor today if it continues

love you all!:flowerforyou: :heart:
  • watch48win
    watch48win Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    hug.gif

I'd soooooo be in the Rubber Room Hotel if I got stuck in a elevator. :noway: :noway:

I agree---I won't even get on one if there are more than 3 people on it too!
  • jakspak
    jakspak Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I think i would start taking the stairs... HRM would come in handy everyday!!...

uno problemo theres this heavy vaccum cleaner, a mop
    and a big trolley to carry all the cleaning stuff in thats far too heavy and awkward to carry down stairs
    otherwise i might have tonight

ok here is a solution put the equipment in the elevator push the floor you want and run like mad up the stairs to the next floor and try and beat the elevator youll get faster and fitter the more you do it and going down too lol just a thought. my husband and i had a nights stay at a swanky hotell here in town and i hate elevators after also being traped in one for 6 hours with a bunch of people (lets say puts a new meaning to smelly) so anyway he would take the elevator and i would use the stairs except twice i used the elevator only cause i had such a full on dinner at the resturant i couldnt think of usuing the stairs id surly got the stitch great food though.
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    HEY! You didn't tell us you were a cheerleader! WOW!! nagiro.gif

And you made the international news, too! Can I have your autograph??

:tongue:

Police free 26 cheerleaders from elevator at University of Texas' Jester Hall

11:19 AM CDT on Wednesday, August 6, 2008

By RACHEL SLADE / The Dallas Morning News
    sslade@dallasnews.com

Police and firefighters were called to the University of Texas' Jester Hall to free 26 cheerleaders who had crammed themselves into an elevator.

A group of 14- to 17-year-olds attending Texas Cheer Camp in Austin decided to see how many girls they could squeeze into the elevator around 6 p.m. Tuesday, campus police said.

The elevator successfully descended from the fourth floor to the first, but the doors refused to open.

The panicked girls managed to wiggle a few cell phones free to call for help. But it took about 25 minutes before a repairman was able to fix the door, police said.

“It’s dangerous actually,” said Rhonda Weldon, director of communications for the UT Police Department. "They’re lucky that that’s all that happened."

One teen fainted and was treated and released from a nearby hospital. Two others were treated at the scene.
  • obliged
    Options

sslade@dallasnews.com

Police and firefighters were called to the University of Texas' Jester Hall to free 26 cheerleaders who had crammed themselves into an elevator.

A group of 14- to 17-year-olds attending Texas Cheer Camp in Austin decided to see how many girls they could squeeze into the elevator around 6 p.m. Tuesday, campus police said.

The elevator successfully descended from the fourth floor to the first, but the doors refused to open.

The panicked girls managed to wiggle a few cell phones free to call for help. But it took about 25 minutes before a repairman was able to fix the door, police said.

“It’s dangerous actually,” said Rhonda Weldon, director of communications for the UT Police Department. "They’re lucky that that’s all that happened."

One teen fainted and was treated and released from a nearby hospital. Two others were treated at the scene.
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    yeah coz i so look like a 14y.o cheerleader:noway:

omg! there is no way i would ever go and do something as stupid as that
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options

sslade@dallasnews.com

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    yeah coz i so look like a 14y.o cheerleader:noway:

omg! there is no way i would ever go and do something as stupid as that

Oh, but I could and HAVE done something that stupid before!! :laugh:
    On a church youth beach trip. Elevator capacity was 21 (or something) and we crammed in 22+.
    And then all JUMPED while it was in motion. :laugh:

I miss being a stupid kid. :tongue: