High Protein Meals

Options
StephanieT0602
StephanieT0602 Posts: 58 Member
I'm looking to increase my protein intake. What are some of your fav high protein meals/foods, other than protein powders?

Replies

• Findingme40
    Findingme40 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Shredded Chicken. I just place about 2 to 3 pounds of boneless skinless chicken breast and thighs in a slow cooker. Cover with Chicken broth and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours. Then when I get home I shred it and put in 1 to 2 cup servings in freezer bags. I throw this over salad greens in tortillas or just spice it up and throw it over some quinoa. Yummy.
  • happysherri
    happysherri Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    Chicken Kabobs are my favorite on the grill yum
  • StephanieT0602
    StephanieT0602 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestions. Chicken is definitely my go-to source of protein as well.
  • LDBianca
    LDBianca Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Protein Alfredo

Low carb pasta
    2 cups (400 grams) low fat cottage cheese
    1 cup (100 grams) parmesan cheese
    2 large egg yolks
    salt and pepper

Cook your low carb pasta as directed and reserve half a cup of the pasta water.

While pasta cooks combine cottage cheese, parmesan, and egg yolks in a bowl and mix well. If you don’t like clumps of cottage cheese you can put it in a strainer and use a large spoon to push it through.

Put the pasta water into a pan and reduce the volume about to about half on Medium-High heat. Once you have done that set the heat to Low and add the cheese/yolk mixture. Constantly stir the sauce to keep it from sticking. Add salt and pepper. Once the cheese has melted and the sauce is heated through and the consistency you’re looking for you’re done! That’s it!

Put it over your low carb pasta for an easy pasta alfredo.

I use this over grilled chicken or steak for a protein packed sauce.

If you are feeling ambitious you can always sauté mushrooms, garlic, and onion to put with cut up grilled chicken over low carb pasta. There are loads of options with the recipe!

Makes 4 servings:
    194 calories
    3 carbs
    11 fat
    20 protein

Enjoy!

~Laura
  • Lindseyelizabeth87
    Lindseyelizabeth87 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Ooooh Laura,

That sounds good. Just copied and pasted it to my boyfriend so we can make it. :)
  • Mangopickle
    Mangopickle Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    Buffalo chicken salad

large can of chicken drained and flaked
    3diced celery sticks
    100g of greek or strained yogurt
    chipotle tabasco to taste

stir, chill, serves 5, 15g of protein per serving