Belly fat or loose skin? (gross pics)

Options

Replies

• mthr2
    mthr2 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I had a woman play with her loose skin right after the birth of her daughter during field camp. It sure as hell didn't make me want a kid after that.

Awesome.

OP has had twins and lost 78lbs (which is remarkable). Her skin isn't the results of just having "a kid". But by all means, feel free not to.

Agree. Don't reproduce.

WTG, OP. I'm weird about my baby/fat-abused belly and boobs too. Thanks so much for posting this.
  • calliegirl1973
    calliegirl1973 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    use coconut oil on your belly. coconut oil does wonder for firming skin.
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    A bit of both, and NOT gross. Nice progress!!!
    +1!
  • lizsmith1976
    lizsmith1976 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    First of all, congrats on losing weight to make your body more healthy and keep you alive with your twins longer!

It looks like both to me. At 24-25% body fat and a woman, you likely still have quite a bit of fat in your abdomen. The "crepe-paper" looking areas (I have tons) in the lower part are where you have less fat, but the skin around the center and your belly button still has some fat. That being said, 25% body fat for a woman is excellent. No reason to lose more unless you have other fitness or racing goals.

You can have skin removed if you want to for cosmetic reasons, but also give time and drinking water and lotion a try for a time. Your skin might not ever be perfect, but it could be better with time.

Not gross at all. Human.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I just got it tested, I'm 22% body fat supposedly... which I guess doesn't mean much as most of my fat is always in my midsection anyway. I'm still going to try to lose my last 6 lbs (sloooowly as I keep going over) and we'll see.

Thanks again everyone.
  • msthang444
    msthang444 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    I am pretty sure the majority of it is skin... fat doesn't quite droop like that (not on me at least). Btw.... Very brave of you to post.

I know my LEAST favorite thing about me is my stomach. Between 4 babies and the weight that's left over...

Let's just say "not hot".

:)
  • Bounce4
    Bounce4 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    You look great and I'm super impressed with 22% body fat.

I have some extra skin too - but I know in my case there is plenty of fat left to lose so don't know what the final look will be.

I had a woman play with her loose skin right after the birth of her daughter during field camp. It sure as hell didn't make me want a kid after that.

Probably for the best :P
  • Jade0529
    Jade0529 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I am just going to applaud you for posting those pics. Very brave of you :flowerforyou: :bigsmile:
    and ps you look great.
  • stephcbms
    stephcbms Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    This is a great post :bigsmile: You look amazing! Great job :flowerforyou: And yeah it's probably a little of both. like other people have said, just keep working at it. And if not happy at the end have it taken off. But you look great !!
  • LuvonLuv
    LuvonLuv Posts: 68
    Options
    You won't believe how glad I am to see your pic...seriously. My belly area looks exactly the same and would hang over when I bend. It used to bother me but then I came to realize that it has to be lose skin due to preganancy because it does not disappear with weight loss or exercise. And I have to say that I can accept this about me alot better now that I've seen your pic...I swear that could be my stomach in that pic. Thanks for posting.
  • danaberge
    danaberge Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I think you are great for posting!! Personally - I lost almost 100lbs... and the skin did tighten up after a few years.

But heck - I messed it all up and gained all the weight back 5 years later. Maintenance needs to be lifelong!! I'm a food addict.

Thanks for posting!! Not gross - at all!
  • msthang444
    msthang444 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    I am just going to applaud you for posting those pics. Very brave of you :flowerforyou: :bigsmile:
    and ps you look great.

Agreed
  • smkean
    smkean Posts: 132
    Options

Helpful. Very helpful.
    Though probably good you don't want to procreate...

Ignore people like that. It looks like loose skin to me. Mine did that for a while, it goes back. It's just a long and frustrating toning process
  • Iwishyouwell
    Iwishyouwell Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    You have a decent amount of fat remaining, around your entire torso, not just belly.

Whether you have a lot of loose skin, or not, isn't going to be something you can ascertain until you've cut your body fat down pretty low. I'm talking visible abs, and other muscle, low, if you're willing to go there.

Anybody telling you that's all loose skin, and not a considerable amount of fat, is ill informed. Loose skin on a truly lean person with a lower body fat does not look like that at all.

Fat is extremely deceptive. Most people don't have any idea just how much your body is holding on to, even after you've hit a "normal" scale weight. I really think many weight loss losers tend to overestimate their goal weights, because they overestimate their lean body mass, not realizing how low they really have to go in order to dig out most of the excess fat.
  • DeterminedFee201426
    DeterminedFee201426 Posts: 859 Member
    Options
    . working out would defenately help it to tighten up by a few inches and a healthy diet in moderation
  • WDA4655
    WDA4655 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I've lost 77lbs. so far and do have a very saggy belly! But I have a lot more...about 100lbs. more to loose. I don't like to look at the saggy skin but when I look at myself with cloths on I'm liking what I see so far.

I have started weight training so I'm hoping this helps too. All though I know that some if not most of the skin will probably remain. I'm not opting for the surgery because I'll be 60 yrs. old in a few weeks and it's expensive.

I think you look fabulous! And congratulations for what you've achieved! .

I agree with most of the others, it looks like a little of both. I'd keep going and try the coconut oil too. I'm going to get some off that too!

You're doing great! Nothing to worry about!
  • angie007az
    angie007az Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    You look awesome, congratulations on the weight loss.
  • lauraspberry
    lauraspberry Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    A bit of both but more on loose skin :) hey it's not gross! That is 100% sexy. You worked hard for that :)
  • ideang
    ideang Posts: 95
    Options
    Congrats on your weight loss! It is a combo of both. It looks a lot like my stomach, only mine is has a bit more fat. The wrinkles show there is loose skin, but in some areas there is a bit of fat. It is not gross either. Be proud of your skin, it shows how far you have come.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    You have a decent amount of fat remaining, around your entire torso, not just belly.

Whether you have a lot of loose skin, or not, isn't going to be something you can ascertain until you've cut your body fat down pretty low. I'm talking visible abs, and other muscle, low, if you're willing to go there.

Anybody telling you that's all loose skin, and not a considerable amount of fat, is ill informed. Loose skin on a truly lean person with a lower body fat does not look like that at all.

Fat is extremely deceptive. Most people don't have any idea just how much your body is holding on to, even after you've hit a "normal" scale weight. I really think many weight loss losers tend to overestimate their goal weights, because they overestimate their lean body mass, not realizing how low they really have to go in order to dig out most of the excess fat.

True but I'd have to get to what... 15% body fat for it to go completely away? I'm at 22 now... I think I'll pass, lol.