30 day shred

Options
I am thinking about getting the 30 day shred Jillian Michaels video.

Does anyone have this? Reviews?

How long is it? Is it one of those work outs that bore you or does it fly by?

Replies

• tanzmamma
    tanzmamma Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    I am thinking about getting the 30 day shred Jillian Michaels video.

Does anyone have this? Reviews?

How long is it? Is it one of those work outs that bore you or does it fly by?
  • lisarae
    lisarae Posts: 113
    Options
    How funny!
    I just finished up with the workout and logged on. I am on day 4 of the shred and love it. I considered myself in decent shape with about 20 pounds of lagging baby weight to lose. It's fantastic. Jillian is tough, not out there to be your friend. I am still on level one and I'll be there for 6 more days,then I'll move to level 2. It takes me about 27 minutes from start to finish with about 23-24 minutes of intense work. I really sweat. I haven't seen a huge difference yet, but I'm sure I will. I'm sore, in a good way. I also pair this with a good 1 hour power walk or another video (TaeBo) daily.
    Good luck.
  • tanzmamma
    Options
    Cool thanks!

Right now I run... i do tae bo, play tennis, i also have the "biggest winner" Jillian Michaels work outs the front and back series.

Just looking for something that I can add in and do like a shorter video and a shorter run to mix things up a bit.

It's only like 10 bucks, I think I'll give it a try :)
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,695 Member
    Options
    Thanks for this post! I just ordered mine a few days ago, along with Power Sculpt and Cardio Max. I am excited to get them! How do you log the exercise for the BL DVD's and for 30 Day Shred?
  • tanzmamma
    Options
    I have a heart rate monitor... so I just type it in and use the calories I actually burned.

There are sites online that tell you what calories you burn. But I found that compared to the HRM (heart rate monitor) those sites were WAY off lol!
  • Alisha28
    Alisha28 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Sisters have it it is 3 20 minute workouts. I think they like it but I do not think It is long enough of a workout for me...

Alisha
  • rosemarymint
    rosemarymint Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Love it! Great when you need a quickie.
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I am glad someone started this post because to tell you the truth I am dissapointed with it. I really thought it was going to follow her making the cut book and exercise routine she suggests in the book. Since it is called 30 day shred I thought she would have a variety of workouts to do each day for 30 days. Yes, it is ok, no, it is not long enough for me. Yes, some of the execises are tough but I have seen the same tough exercises in some of the other videos she has and the BL videos. I have her backside video and it is soooo much better. I am looking for the frontside one. When I do the shred I only burn about 150 calories and with the backside video I burn more than 300 and it is just about 10 minutes longer. When I get the frontside dvd I am going to alternate them with the backside dvd on M and T and then Th and Fri. I will also include some extra cardio workouts on the rest of the days and a shorter cardio workout on the days I do the videos if I want to burn more calories. :flowerforyou:
  • tanzmamma
    Options
    Thanks guys! I definitely wouldnt do JUST the shred vid.. cuz i'm used to working out for about an hour a day. BUT I think it might be good to add to my run days.

I have the front & back videos... and she annoys me in those SO BAD lol! They ARE a good work out.. but .... she bugs me in them lol. I think I could handle her for 30 min frames haha!
  • tanzmamma
    Options
    I just ordered this yesterday...... walmart.com.. with shipping it was only 13 and some change. Ohhh cant wait to get it.!!! :)
  • greeneyes490
    greeneyes490 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I LOVE it :) and have had great results with it.......I lost enough in 4 weeks to fit into a bridesmaid dress that I couldn't even do the zipper up on this summer. So I am so happy with it........yes she can be a little annoying but I just block those parts out :).......all I would say is to make sure you push yourself because it is a shorter workout you need to get everything you can out of it in that amount of time. good luck :)
  • JulieB21
    JulieB21 Posts: 492
    Options
    I bought this DVD when I thought I was close enough to my goal to start "shredding". The thing is, after almost 10 months of exercising for at least an hour most days, I felt like I was cheating myself because of the shortened time. The workouts are great-I was able to go right to Level 3 after only a week but it was nagging at me that I was only working out for 20 minutes so I started Turbo Jam. Much bigger calorie burn. Maybe down the road....
  • pdxmomof2
    pdxmomof2 Posts: 643
    Options
    OMG! I just logged on because I bought 30 day shred today and I was going to ask how people liked it. I went to Fitness and exercise to start a new thread and there was no need! Great minds think alike!!!!

Now I can't wait to start using it!
    :happy: :happy: :happy: