Question for Ladies

Options
RhineDHP
RhineDHP Posts: 1,025 Member
If you're in a happily committed relationship, and you have a girl's night out, and some random guy comes up and offers to buy you a drink, do you accept? Do you chat up the guy?

Replies

• Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    I don't want a roofie.
    I don't take drinks from strangers.
    All bottles must be sealed.

And nope.
  • CassandraBurgos83
    CassandraBurgos83 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Ditto
  • jlchandl17
    Options
    Yep. I say thanks and that's it. No I don't flirt with the guy.
  • DainaLC
    DainaLC Posts: 18,937 Member
    Options
    Except the drink, say thank you and if he seems like a nice guy introduce him to one of your single girlfriends.
  • Sarah4fitness
    Sarah4fitness Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I accept free drinks if handed to me by the bartender, and I say thanks. I don't flirt or lead anyone on, and I do not see a drink as an implied contract of continued interaction.
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    I don't want a roofie.

And nope.

This. Except I'm not in a relationship. I'll accept a drink if I order it myself, and the waitress brings it over.
  • Cudleigh
    Cudleigh Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    If I've been drinking, I flirt with everyone. And I mean everyone. I'd accept the drink if I got it from the bartender/I order he pays kind of thing. I don't really see it as anything other than a free drink. /shrug.
  • soonerkt87
    soonerkt87 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    i will go up to the bar with him to make sure nothing is put in it. I will never turn down free drinks (as long as I can see it!) I will talk to him but normally i make it short if possible
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    I do not...even when single.

But, that's partly because I am of the age, type, etc, that when that happens to me it is one of two scenarios:

1. Creepy guy who is at least twice my age and was either my teacher, eye doctor, or something similar when I was younger. No.

2. Guy I dated or hung out with in my teens or 20's or ex of a friend.

That is the problem with living in a smallish town.
  • LankyYankee
    LankyYankee Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Single or taken, I buy my own drinks :smile:
  • Alicue21
    Alicue21 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I don't accept the drink, that gives the wrong impression. If he/they buy drinks for the whole group of ladies, hell yeah I do, and that has happened - just because I'm not single doesn't mean I want to hurt my ladies' game. Chatting is completely different for me. More than welcome to talk, nothing wrong with that unless they change to a subject that requires the "I've got a boyfriend" statement. I live in a town of friendly people so that may be unique to my hometown but I see nothing wrong with having a conversation and it's easy to keep the conversation friendly and respectful of the the fact I have a man and I am his dedicated lady.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    I don't want a roofie.

And nope.

This. Except I'm not in a relationship. I'll accept a drink if I order it myself, and the waitress brings it over.

There goes my fantasy drunk night with you two... :drinker:
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    I don't want a roofie.

And nope.

Bring it on, Chief! :flowerforyou:
  • nineteentwenty
    nineteentwenty Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Nope! Not tempted in the slightest, my guy is all I need.
  • Sunshine2plus2
    Sunshine2plus2 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    Drink yes
    Flirt No
    Chat yes
  • erialcelyob
    erialcelyob Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Nope, but then I rarely let my boyfriend buy me a drink, a lot of guys do it with intentions to keep chatting etc so best stop before they get ahead of themselves.
  • mank32
    mank32 Posts: 1,323 Member
    Options
    er, probably nope. i know *i* can keep a healthy "a drink is just a drink" attitude, but i know not everyone can. if anyone's feelers are going to get hurt, let them be hurt by me saying "no, thank you" politely to the drink in the first place, rather than because i accepted a drink but said "no, thank you" to something else that came up after.
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    I don't want a roofie.

And nope.

Drunk and roofied would not be required with you, babe :flowerforyou:
  • Elleposh119
    Elleposh119 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    No way! If you do that then it gives the guy offering you the drink the belief that you're into him..