Strength training dvd's? Help I need a video that is about 3

Options
Hey everyone, I really need to get strength training into my routine, can you suggest what a good dvd is? I am willing to do weights with it as well I just want to get strength training in more since I already get 6 days of cardio. I am hoping for a workout I can do in the early AM or early evening after cardio. Thanks :)

Replies

• kcmeek7272
    Options
    I use Jari Love "Get Ripped and Chisled" and have gotten very good results. It is a light weight high rep weight training workout for upper and lower body. You can do the entire dvd as a single workout or it allows you to choose which exercises in whatever order you want. Helped me increase my speed when I run and made my upper body look very sculpted.
  • Willow_28
    Options
    I've used The Firm dvds... they have everything from cardio to toning for specific areas with weights, etc...
  • ProTFitness
    ProTFitness Posts: 1,379 Member
    Options
    Well P90X, Jillian Michaels 30 day shed, Biggest Loser Sculpt, Jillian Michaels No More Trouble Zones, P90X Plus Chalean Extreme Ect
  • ProTFitness
    ProTFitness Posts: 1,379 Member
    Options
    Jackie Warners dvds
  • wiggleroom
    wiggleroom Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    The Firm workouts are my favorites. They combine cardio and strength training. Some require special equipment, but Get Chisel'd and Total Body Toner only require a few sets of weights (two each of 3, 5, and 8 lb. dumbbells).
  • shastacrystal
    Options
    I use Shakeology 30 (I have yet to attempt 50) and I use some other cheapy ones I got from ROSS;) lol I have to mix it up every once in a while!
  • TrainingWithTonya
    TrainingWithTonya Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    Cathe Freidrich Supersets, Slow and Heavy, and the new one with the mesocycles (sorry can't think of the name of it off the top of my head), are all good. You can get them at www.cathe.com, but they are on the pricey side. Worth every penny though!!!! Much better weight workouts IMHO then the other's mentioned above.