Going on Vacation - Worried about my MFP record!

Options
Okay, So I'm on a nice record of 140+ days of logging my food. I'm worried that while I'm on vacation (Jamaica), that I'm not going to either have access to just flat out forget to log my food. Should I even be worried? It is vacation and all... I just don't know.

I was on a 250+ day record.. prior to my last camping trip. I was in a rural part of the country and didn't have any internet connection and I was unable to log in. I was actually quite upset that my record was lost! Why am I letting MFP control my life!?

Anyone else have this issue? Worried that you'll miss a day? I'm sure my hotel has free wifi... ugh - I just need to stop thinking about it.

Replies

• chasetwins
    chasetwins Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    I do not have MFP tracks my days logged in. It annoyed me too much lol
    I leave for vaca this Sat morning and while I will be conscious of what I eat I am not tracking a thing :) It is vacation...enjoy it as so!
  • DirrtyH
    DirrtyH Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    Give someone your UN and password and have them log in for you. :)

I don't worry about it... I pretty much never log in on Saturdays, so my streak never goes more than 5-6 days.
  • loubidy
    loubidy Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    I must confess MFP rules my life ALL HAIL MOBILE INTERNET AND 3G
  • MandyJokl
    MandyJokl Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I have to admit that when I found out the hotel I'm going to in May has free WiFi my first thought was Yay! I'm not going to lose my days this year! Last year I couldn't find WiFi every day and had to start at zero when I got home.
  • meritage4
    meritage4 Posts: 1,441 Member
    Options
    In the scheme of life it's really a small problem. Don't obsess. Just let it go
    Enjoy your holiday and have a great time!
  • reverendzor
    reverendzor Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I understand your worry completely... 903 day streak here!

Perhaps the hotel has a guest computer with an internet connection down in the lobby (I know that when I stayed in Nassau for vacation a couple of years back they did (note that I track everything, good or bad, simply because I value the ability to look back).
  • EMPulseKC
    EMPulseKC Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    My current streak is at 574 days (every day since I started), so I'd also probably freak out if I broke it too. If you think you may not have internet access abroad, just give your login ID and PW to someone you trust and let them log in for you each day.

Or, we could both do the sensible thing and just forget about it, but what's the fun in that? ;-) Good luck!
  • dtimedwards
    dtimedwards Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I'm "worried" about the same thing. I'm going on a 5 day hiking trip (Chilkoot Trail from Skagway Ak to Fraser, BC) in July and I don't want to break my streak. I tell myself that it isn't important, and I also tell myself that if I pre-log all my food, myabe, just maybe it'll keep my streak alive... even though I know it won't.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I totally get it... I went for a vacation for a week 4 months after I started. So annoying.
  • MyOwnSunshine
    MyOwnSunshine Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    My original streak was over 500 when I missed days while vacationing in Mexico. Since that time, I don't log when I'm on vacation. I kind of like not having the pressure. My ticker now counts the days since my last vacation.
  • pugsleyjean
    pugsleyjean Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I like the ideas about giving someone my user name and password to log me in each day. I have been on every day for almost a year now but when I am in the back woods of Minnesota on vacation 2x a year I have no internet connection unless I was to go into town. I still enjoyed my vacation and ate better than I have in years past so I know that I am doing well even tho I wasnt able to get on every day. Im currently up to 211 and love seeing that number get up there!
  • Iwishyouwell
    Iwishyouwell Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    10105d1301954626t-one-fight-6k-plat-ok-what-media_preview.jpg
  • FindingAmy77
    FindingAmy77 Posts: 1,266 Member
    Options
    well I lost mine when I was working nights and coulnt get in before midnight. now it says I am on a 36 day streak even though I am on day 215 in reality. you can either say **** it or you can make sure you log in and finish your diary no matter what. even if you do a quick add calories, complete food diary and then log out again. just enjoy the vacation. live life now and have fun. :flowerforyou:
  • lauramcconnell7535
    lauramcconnell7535 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I lost my streak when we went on a cruise. I managed to log in while we were at the hotel for a few days before getting on the ship, but once we were at sea, the streak was gone. At first I was a bit upset about it because I had almost 400 days, but I enjoyed the cruise and it was kinda nice not to have to worry about logging for a week. It was probably a good thing too, because with all the food and goodies on board, I would probably have driven myself nuts if I had to look at the calories every meal. I just got back on track when I got home, and the extra weight from the cruise is coming back off, and I have started a new streak, at least until my next vacation...
  • cici1028
    cici1028 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    I totally get it. It's nice to have that streak going. But there is something to be said for just letting go and enjoying your vacation as well. You can still make healthy choices without MFP, write it down and log it when you get back, OR use the computer in your hotel's business center. But make your peace with it before you go in case you don't get internet. :)
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    eh...I have more than 30 days here...I went to DR in February didn't give a crap that I lost my "log in days" streak...I didn't track so why log in.
  • Dol10
    Dol10 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    A lot of good suggestions and I'm glad I'm not the only one who stresses about it, haha. I think I'll just say screw it and not log. I really need to be stress free while I'm there. That's the whole point of the vacation, right?

I just have a feeling that I would be like, 'Hold on guys, I need to sit in the lobby for a few minutes and pre-log my daily intake before we go zip-lining.. or hanging out on the beach...' I really don't want that to be the case.

And wow, some of you guys have huge streaks, that's amazing! Kudos to you guys who have been able to keep it going. I know deep down, I'm not really losing out if I miss a few days. I stick to the program 360 days out of 365 days in the year, I'm sure the random 5 days that I miss out on wont kill me. :)
  • mrm5970
    mrm5970 Posts: 2
    Options
    I am glad to see I am not the only one who thinks about this kind of stuff - I am going on a cruise next month and I was planning on turning off my phone so I don't incur international charges. The ship does have Wifi though and an internet cafe so I will probably write everything down throughout the day and then log in once a day to track it. I went for 5 hours without my phone this afternoon and the only thing I thought of was not which text messages or calls I may be missing, but MFP! Currently on day 346 and down 48 lbs so far. Don't want to ruin all my hard work on vacation but still want to enjoy myself.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,704 Member
    Options
    http://myfitnesspal.desk.com/customer/portal/articles/94191-my-login-days-in-a-row-counter-is-incorrect-how-do-i-fix-this-

You're welcome.

A.C.E. Certified Group Fitness and Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • succeedin2
    succeedin2 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Some people have someone to log in for them