Butts

Options
I'm comically top-heavy :c It's not a weightloss thing, either, I have always had skewed proportions.

Anyhow, I'd love to build a bigger butt to try and balance my figure out. Do you guys have go-to videos or exercise routines you could suggest to me? I know squats are a thing, but it would be so helpful to me if someone would point me to a good resource to explain how to do them properly to get results.

Thanks, guys!

Replies

• lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    Brazillian butt lift? those are good videos...or just youtube squats.
  • Still_Fluffy
    Still_Fluffy Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I too have small gluts (butt) which sucks as a runner. My triainer has me do goblet squats lunges, band routines to help build my gluts.
  • Operation_Shred
    Options
    *kitten* to grass squats
  • maroonmango211
    maroonmango211 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    fitnessblender,com has a lot of free workouts that are aimed at working the lower body especially the butt and they vary in difficulty/time as well as what equipment you may want to use.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    squats
    deadlifts
    lunges (Fwd/Bwd)
    box jumps
    frog jumps
    barbell glute raises
    step ups are good too
    power curstsies if you want to really get off the beaten path.
  • Dposh67
    Dposh67 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    i'm extremely top heavy myself. And I've been working on my butt for the last 6 weeks. I've been doing a lot of different youtube videos with dumbells while getting progressively heavy weights as time goes by. I see a difference in the tight and firmness. i don't expect to get a bubble anytime soon as i'm not doing what needs to be done to "build" a butt. However, I'm happy on the path i'm on
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options
    squats
    deadlifts
    lunges (Fwd/Bwd)
    box jumps
    frog jumps
    barbell glute raises
    step ups are good too

"power curtsies"? Like, not-even-quarter-squats? Why on earth...? :huh:
  • gil_u
    gil_u Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Squats and lunges
  • andezz99
    andezz99 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Joe Rocka below mentioned some good ones, if you go to youtube or CrossFit.com and type in any one of those exercises he suggested, you will find very good instructional videos on form, weights and even workout schemes. So often squats are done incorrectly and lead to injury, if you want strong glutes, you need to use good form. I've never seen a girl with good squat form, moving weight have bad glutes....:) good luck.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    squats
    deadlifts
    lunges (Fwd/Bwd)
    box jumps
    frog jumps
    barbell glute raises
    step ups are good too

I've taken them to be more of a side back/cross lunge thing- rather than a 0.25 squat.

so step back- and behind you cross (so left foot would cross behind to the right and right would cross behind to the left)
  • IronPlayground
    IronPlayground Posts: 1,594 Member
    Options
    http://bretcontreras.com/ <---- the Glute Guy!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Brazillian butt lift? those are good videos....

This ^^

There is only so much you can change, but this is a good workout for your booty.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    squats
    deadlifts
    lunges (Fwd/Bwd)
    box jumps
    frog jumps
    barbell glute raises
    step ups are good too

I've taken them to be more of a side back/cross lunge thing- rather than a 0.25 squat.

so step back- and behind you cross (so left foot would cross behind to the right and right would cross behind to the left)

That's how I do them too. I've never heard that you were only supposed to go down 1/4.
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options
    squats
    deadlifts
    lunges (Fwd/Bwd)
    box jumps
    frog jumps
    barbell glute raises
    step ups are good too

That's how I do them too. I've never heard that you were only supposed to go down 1/4.

We're talking about different things then for sure. My lifter friends IRL refer to crappy squats with weights that are too heavy to go down to parallel as "power curtsies".

Edited: to remove random parentheses.
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    I say do Strong curves and not brazilian butt lift. Bret Contreras is the glute expert. Do the lifts mentioned plus also do:

Barbell hip thrusts
    1 leg shoulder and foot elevated hip thrusts
    Prisoner one leg back extension
    zercher squats
    box squats
    1 leg romanian dead lift
    straight leg cable pull through
  • JenMc14
    JenMc14 Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    http://bretcontreras.com/ <---- the Glute Guy!

This. His Strong Lifts program is pretty good, and his book has good info.
  • PunkyDucky
    PunkyDucky Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I'm comically top-heavy :c It's not a weightloss thing, either, I have always had skewed proportions.

Anyhow, I'd love to build a bigger butt to try and balance my figure out. Do you guys have go-to videos or exercise routines you could suggest to me? I know squats are a thing, but it would be so helpful to me if someone would point me to a good resource to explain how to do them properly to get results.

Thanks, guys!

Since building a booty/lower bottom in a calorie deficit would be ridiculously hard, make sure to eat at a calorie surplus while incorporating these moves that's been posted ;)
  • Cre8veLifeR
    Cre8veLifeR Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    I LOVE these two as QUICK workouts I can do at home - and they work!

http://www.fitsugar.com/10-Minute-Butt-Workout-Video-34395604

http://www.fitsugar.com/10-Minute-Lower-Body-Barre-Workout-34116272

and here's a kick butt ab workout to balance it all out. :bigsmile:
  • Sarahliquid
    Sarahliquid Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I eat at maintenance, lift heavy with squats and dead lifts, etc. I've been working out for 9 mos send have not gained a single inch on my butt. I guess that muscle is smaller than fat, but will it ever grow larger?
  • iPlatano
    iPlatano Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Weighted butt kicks! You will feel it really good in there lol