Less calories,help!

Options
I'm doing a program of exercises, T 25,and here in the diary of the food intake it says i need to eat more in order to lose weight,i've only ate 939 calories today and it says its supposed to be 12000. Do you think its too bad? please help!

Replies

• katieraby8412
    Options
    if you are doing all of that exercise, your body needs the fuel, so you should be eating at least 1200 calories a day- no less! go for high protein foods and drink a lot of water. are you meeting your goal?
  • saradsilva
    saradsilva Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    i started today,i dont know what to eat because i've reached the limit of sugar today so i guess im gonna eat more protein,dont wanna abuse on the carbs.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    i started today,i dont know what to eat because i've reached the limit of sugar today so i guess im gonna eat more protein,dont wanna abuse on the carbs.

FWIW, the default sugar goal MFP has set up is the recommended minimum for added sugars, but it doesn't differentiate between added and naturally occurring sugars. Unless you have a medical condition, it's okay to ignore that particular column or even swap it out for something like fiber.

MFP also sets their protein default fairly low.

Remember that MFP's calorie goal is set up expecting you to log your exercise here and will add extra calories to your goal as you eat them. You should be eating back at least a portion of these extra calories.

If you want more specific advice on what you could be eating you'll have to set your diary to public so that we can take a look. It's tough to give advice without seeing what you're already doing.
  • saradsilva
    Options
    I dont know if you're gonna understand the foods because its on portuguese or it the page will translate because of your IP adress. But i hope this link works http://www.myfitnesspal.com/pt/food/diary/saradsilva i really need help,its my first day and i dont have a lot of pounds to lose,just a few,the last ones. Thank you so much
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    Unless you are eating the sugar as candy, ignore it. And eat more :)
  • saradsilva
    Options
    no!i was gonna eat fruit or plain yougurt with fruit or something like that,since all of you said that,thats what im gonna do. :) thank you so much.I was afraid that i woul"ruin"all the work i've done LOL
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    I'm doing a program of exercises, T 25,and here in the diary of the food intake it says i need to eat more in order to lose weight,i've only ate 939 calories today and it says its supposed to be 1200. Do you think its too bad? please help!
    You are not supposed to be only eating 1200 calories - you are supposed to be eating 1200 calories plus exercise calories.

Eat more.
  • Siobhan108
    Siobhan108 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Add things like fish or chicken, even low fat beef for protein. Nuts like almonds are also good. You need to open your diary because it is the best way to get the help you need.

Go to settings to open diary.
  • FoxyLifter
    FoxyLifter Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    Your goal sounds low for an active 20 year old. Calculate your BMR and TDEE and eat in between those two numbers. When you get the chance, take a look at this link. Lots of great info:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
  • BigVeggieDream
    BigVeggieDream Posts: 1,101 Member
    Options
    Don't forget to log you exercises. That will reduce your total caloric intake for the day. You still need to eat at the very least 1200 calories.
  • Ang108
    Ang108 Posts: 1,711 Member
    Options
    I'm doing a program of exercises, T 25,and here in the diary of the food intake it says i need to eat more in order to lose weight,i've only ate 939 calories today and it says its supposed to be 12000. Do you think its too bad? please help!

Yes, I think that's bad.....even if you only eat 1200 calories, you still have the calories for a whole meal left and that does not include your exercise calories, or at least part of them.
    Unless you are extremely short ( maybe no more than 5'1"/152 cms ) 1200 calories is not enough to stay healthy while losing weight. The things you eat are ok. Just make sure you get to your protein, your fat and maybe also fiber, because apart from broccoli there is not much. I think you are on the right path...just don't undereat...it is not worth the suffering.
    Good Luck !

Oopa....since I checked you added 90grs of dry cereal to your intake with 300 calories. I probably would not waste 300 calories on simple carbs and would go for protein and/or complex carbs, but you certainly can eat whatever you like as long as you stay within your deficit.
  • saradsilva
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/pt/food/diary/saradsilva here's my diary. i've just ate some all bran with skim milk. so im suposed to eat more than 12000 to lose weight? i dont wanna lose a lot,just the last few. only one thing..like i've said i'm doing Focus T 25 and i dont know what to insert in the exercises,its cardio i know but the options are very specific.