Want to lose 60 lbs and looking for friends

Options
Hi, I need/want to lose at least 60 lbs and I am looking for friends that have that same goal. I have had great success with Atkins in the past but for some reason my body is not wanting to do this again. So...I have joined a gym, gave myself a kick start with GNC shakes for morning and lunch and eat a sensible meal at night. I could use encouragement on this road trip. In return I will be an active friend that will listen to you when you have a bad day or come up with tips for healthy meals or snacks!!

Replies

• HockeyGoalie35
    HockeyGoalie35 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Looking to go from 260 to 200. Feel free to add me. I have decided to log everything, if im not 100% focused on weight loss I tend to slack off and then stop. I Just stared Focus t25
  • Sugarfoot63
    Options
    I need to lose 80 lbs. and my body doesn't want to let go of the weight I've carried for at least 40 years! I'm logging all of my food and connected with MapMyWalk and will be walking with my husband! My knees are not in great shape, so I'm going to work on Pilates 20 minute workouts for my first two weeks and then graduate up.

I think the best thing to do is blog with others to hold each other accountable and come up with great snacks and recipes. Hope you add me too!
  • chocgirl4665
    Options
    Yup I added you guy's...forgive me if sometimes my sentences do not make any sense. I tend to write and talk backwards English, so I have been told. I am a Western European and we tend to do things backwards, with years but also in talking/writing.

I am going to need all the encouragement I need as I am sick and tired of carrying this weight with me!!! Please kick me when I tend to slack off or disappear from this board for a day!! I need accountability (so glad spellcheck worked in that last word!)
  • Gracie_M_C
    Options
    I am game! I am 1/3 there and I need to lose 40 lbs now. I need froends to motivate and to motivate me to!
  • HockeyGoalie35
    HockeyGoalie35 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Your English is better than mine :D
  • mommahopz
    mommahopz Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    In the same boat ~ add me ~ I could use the support and camaradery!
  • LindaFromNH
    LindaFromNH Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me... I like having lots of friends for this journey!
  • cbhubbybubble
    cbhubbybubble Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I've got at least 60lbs to go...feel free to add me
  • tamarawheaton
    tamarawheaton Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I have around 60 to lose, feel free to friend me. Losing it by yourself is always harder!
  • reagankking
    Options
    Hey-
    You mentioned Atkins..have you tried Advocare products? I have used them, love them. Started with the 24-day challenge as a jump-start.
  • JuliaCarman
    JuliaCarman Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I am in desperate need of friends, so please add me! I have done Atkins in the past with great success, but like you, I cannot get started on it again. I started dieting and exercising in June of 2012 because my oldest daughter was gettng married and I didn't want to be huge in all of her wedding pictures. By late Fall 2013 I had lost almost 50 pounds and felt great. But Christmas came and I haven't been able to get back on track. I have kept up exercising but my eating is out of control. I also started a new job, which I love, but I sit almost all day and that is not helping either. So today, I am committed to logging everything, the good, the bad and the ugly. My ultimate goal would be to loose another 20 pounds, but I would be happy with 15 pounds. Cheers!
  • Thatsmywrapgirl
    Options
    I'll send you a request! I did Atkins 10 years ago and lost 48 pounds in 2 months. Tried again this summer and NOTHING!! Counting calories has been incredible and learning to do it right is the key!! I'm on a big weight loss journey, I'd love to have another friend on it!!

Anyone else is free to add me too! I love the motivation that comes from other people!! :-)
  • DanielleCole91
    DanielleCole91 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I too am looking for a buddy as well as wanting to lose 60 pounds :)
  • xero2099
    xero2099 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Am almost half way there feel free to add me
  • SgtBA_Diana
    SgtBA_Diana Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Stay positive, watch what you eat & stay active. You'll start seeing results before you know it. I have a goal of losing another 10 lbs. I'm sending you a friend request. Anyone else, feel free to add me.
  • sabinesigrid
    Options
    Hi!! I would like to lose 60 myself, but I will start with 10.
    I was looking for inspiration and I believe I found some! I just can't live like this any longer!
    Happy to motivate you as well! Let the journey begin!
  • sbrownallison
    sbrownallison Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    You can do this, girl! If I can do it, you certainly can. Add me if you wish, so we can encourage each other. I'm about 6 lbs from my goal, but the last few pounds don't come off easily. The first 60 lbs that I lost came off in about 18 months, but I learned that it is not about speed, it is about healthy vigilant eating and consistent exercise. YOU CAN DO THIS.
  • MandyLion76
    MandyLion76 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I am always up for new friends! I log everyday. =)
  • BarnesyS67
    Options
    Feel free to add me I am currently trying to lose 40lbs.
  • summerlovely91
    summerlovely91 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi> Please feel free to add me too. Im currently 57 kg. My set point though without trying to lose weight is 55 kg so ive been alot this past holidays. My goal is to get to 50 kgs and maintain that