Jillian Michaels Body Revolution - Calories Burned???

Options
I started doing the Jillian Michaels Body Revolution.. does anyone know how many calories these exercises burns or where to find out online? I cannot find it! I have no clue what to record my exercise under on here - is it Circuit Training, General or Low Impact Aerobics?? I know shes big on circuit training but I have no clue! A little help please, thanks!

Replies

• cndslee
    cndslee Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    As far as I know...Most everyone logs it as Circuit Training and puts in the amount of time. :-)
  • Sbehlmer
    Sbehlmer Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    As far as I know...Most everyone logs it as Circuit Training and puts in the amount of time. :-)

I agree...list under circuit training, minus the warm up/cool down time. :)
  • italiankrys
    Options
    Thanks guys!!
  • SoFLpeg
    SoFLpeg Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I would be really careful eating back/using all the calories it gives you under circuit training. I use a heart rate monitor when I do her DVDs and usually come up at about half the calories than MFP would give me if I just entered the time under Circuit training and letting it calculate the calories.

For example, I did Banish Fat Boost Metabolism today, 55 min and burned 365 calories according to the HRM, MFP would have calculated 750.
  • gatedialer
    gatedialer Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    To get an accurate reading for any workout is to get a HRM. The amount of calories burned all depends on how hard you push. HRM are not cheap but to get the most out of your workouts and weight loss I would recommend investing in a HRM. I found mine for <$100 on Amazon.
  • tammysbrighton
    Options
    To answer italiankrys' question...I'm on the same program and researched it.

JILLIAN SAYS: It's all relative to your age, body weight, height, gender, and so on. The general rule of thumb is, for every 25 pounds of weight you have on your frame, you will burn an additional 50 calories an hour provided you work out at the same intensity for the entire hour.

For example, I weigh 120 pounds — which is almost 5 groups of 25 pounds — so if I multiply 50 calories by 5 for 250 calories, then divide that per-hour amount by 60 it comes out to slightly more than 4 calories a minute.
  • Bernie1735
    Options
    Awesome! Super helpful - thanks!
  • Silverdragontear
    Options
    I tried Tammy's formula and got 141, MFP says 255 - so yeah almost double. This explains a lot.
  • 135nicole
    135nicole Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I do the body revolution and I am in the second week. I looked it up online and they say 300 cal.. I couldn't believe it, so I measured the calorie burn myself and for me it is 230 cal. on the monitor. I really love the work out and I lost one inch everywhere since I started and I am still sore from phase1 disk 1+2. With the formula it would be 196 in 30 minutes. I didn't measure the cardio yet but I personally feel that it will be more than 230.
  • missmorningmist
    Options
    It varies from person to person too. Depends on your fitness level and the intensity that you are working out. I found when I purchased a Heart Rate Monitor that for some exercises my fitness pal was pretty close to the same thing but for others it is totally over and sometimes even less.
  • pig1977
    pig1977 Posts: 1
    Options
    this is great information thank you so much
  • mlesueur123
    Options
    thanks for the discussion, all very helpful.
  • ironbutterf1y
    ironbutterf1y Posts: 103
    Options
    I was wondering about this .... thanks!
  • lahalab
    lahalab Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    on my HRM it says i burned 108 for the first workout on phase 1. so i'm not sure how some people are getting 200+. I will do the second workout today and see...i'm on week 2.
  • amymt10
    amymt10 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I've been doing JMBR and wearing a heart rate monitor. I havent worn it for the cardio dvd yet but for the others I have. I burn on average 220-240. I am 5'6 135lbs. The best way to know is a heart rate monitor. Before I got one I would just log it as circuit training. That is close to what my hrm says.
  • worldsbestauntie
    worldsbestauntie Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Lots of helpful info here! I've been thinking of getting a Heart Rate Monitor (HRM) formself. Howeer, if the price that someone stated they paid for a HRM is the standard price, I think it he awhile before I can get one! :frown:
  • CynthiaCollin
    CynthiaCollin Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Awesome. I was wondering the same myself. I started for the first time tonight. I really like Phase 1 cd 1. It fast, upbeat and you don't have enough time to get sick of the exercises but just long enough to feel the burn!
  • susanbenita
    susanbenita Posts: 95 Member
    Options

JILLIAN SAYS: It's all relative to your age, body weight, height, gender, and so on. The general rule of thumb is, for every 25 pounds of weight you have on your frame, you will burn an additional 50 calories an hour provided you work out at the same intensity for the entire hour.

For example, I weigh 120 pounds — which is almost 5 groups of 25 pounds — so if I multiply 50 calories by 5 for 250 calories, then divide that per-hour amount by 60 it comes out to slightly more than 4 calories a minute.

I like the idea of using this formula better than relying on the HRM. Note that Jillian says an 'ADDITIONAL' 50 cals an hour - that means above what you would normally burn if you just sat on the sofa doing nothing.
    For example - my weight is 179lbs, which, using Jillian's formula is roughly 7 x 25 = 350 additional calories burned per hour, divided by 2 gives me 175 calories for the 30 minute workout. My HRM usually puts it around 230, but I figure some of that I would have burned just living, and some of that would be due to heart rate spikes, so I'm going to just log the 175 calories to eat back.
  • quickj2014
    quickj2014 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have a heart rate monitor and I tend to burn around 200 calories for any of the workouts in weeks 1-6 so far...
  • maytes4u
    maytes4u Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Help so I did Julian Michaels revolution day 2 and also did cardio day 1 the help speed up my metabolism. My I watch said I burned a total of 551 calories, but then said active calories are 418. Which would be correct?