Strength training

Options
Posted this in getting started but got no replies so posting it here instead.

Hi all. I am getting back into exercising after taking a several years break :embarassed: Long story short bad relationship. I left and lost all motivation. On the plus side I have managed to keep my 50 pounds I lost off! Well now I'm more motivated and want to get back into bettering myself! I have recently gotten a Polar FT4 LOVE it! I have been adding little bits of cardio to my day with it.

I have read a LOT on here how one should also be doing strength training. I have no way to get to a gym. The nearest one is like 30 miles away and I don't have a car. So if I do this it will be at home. The only kind of equipment I have is wrist weights, ankle weights and my Wii with Ea Sports Active 1 and Wii fit plus or what ever it's called. How can I get into strength training with just these few things? It is even possible? Do I need to go shopping for some sort of weights or machine? I don't have a lot of money for fancy new toys. Any help would be great :flowerforyou:

Also my diary is open feel free to look and suggest! I know I don't get enough protein. I have chocolate protein powder but I can't stomach the thought of putting it in water and we don't buy milk due to a limited food budget. Again thanks for any help!

Replies

• EmmiDahling
    EmmiDahling Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I mod strength training in my living room with a chair, a broomstick, and a few towels using the You Are Your Own Gym app for my phone. There's a book, too.
  • AvalonsUnicorn
    AvalonsUnicorn Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    sounds interesting! I'll look into the book thank you!