Hey - Wondering about Friends

Options
I have been doing MFP for about 3 weeks now. I have been reading the message boards but today decided to go ahead and post and get active. I am 29, 5'3'' and started 3 weeks ago at 187, though I know that was not my highest (I had actually started some exercise a few weeks before that). As of Saturday I was down to 181. For now I'd like to get to 140 and then think about getting down to 125 or so. About 142 is the lowest I've ever been back in my single days. I had begun putting on some weight after getting married that I committed to losing after a cruise only to find out I was pregnant! Then I went to law school while working full time and having a baby and well McDonald's was my best friend. It's a wonder I actually never got heavier!

At any rate, would love to have some motivating friends on here. I am doing a beachbody challenge group too, but I find my coach's stuff a bit too over the top if you know what I mean and that ends next week.

I am determined to stay motivated this time, the longest I've stayed with an exercise routine is about 2 months. I have way too many clothes in my closet that don't fit and I don't want to buy new ones (Unless they are a smaller size).

Anyways, please friend me! I know using MFP certainly has helped with my motivation thus far!

Replies

• theashtrees
    theashtrees Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    FR sent.

I have friends on here from the other side of the world that keep me motivated more than my friends in my town... You'll find the right people here!

:)
  • AshleyArleneNP
    AshleyArleneNP Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Welcome Melissa!
    I am in my first month with MFP and so far so good. Sent you a friend request. I figure the more support, the marrier! After a lifetime of yo-yo diets, losing weight, and gaining more back, I am trying to make some permenent changes too!
  • arielstariel
    Options
    How do you friend people?
  • pmpmaloney
    pmpmaloney Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi there. I read your post with interest... I'm new to this site, but can really see the benefit of having some really good motivational support from others in the same boat, as losing weight can be a lonely business sometimes.

If you want to be buddies with a slightly eccentric Englishman, just ask!

Good luck!

Patrick.
  • kel913
    kel913 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Have added you :) im just gone over 80 days of logging and definitely feel more motivated than I have ever done before! Have a lot more to lose than yourself too so will be sticking round a while! :)
  • ladyraven2186
    Options
    Hello all. My name is Katie and I am looking for friends to keep me motivated. Back in high school I was 130 and in those 4 years and the two years I was in college I never gained a pound. Then after I graduated in 2006 to now I gained 40 pounds. I broke my knee back in high school and now that I am putting extra weight on it I have had so many problems. If anyone would like to add me please do! I have no friends here where I live so I would like someone to talk to.
  • MYhealthyjourney70
    MYhealthyjourney70 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    request sent :-)
  • mcsteviec
    mcsteviec Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Always happy to welcome new friends.
  • mandapanda573
    Options
    Hi there!

I'm actually just starting out as well. I knew I'd been unhealthy these last few months, but decided to bite the bullet and weigh myself this morning to see how bad the damage was... well, it's confirmed, I'm now the heaviest I've ever been. My current stats are: 29 years old, 5'5", 190.5 lbs. I signed up for MFP a LONG time ago and never really did anything with it, so figured I'd give it a real try now. I'm looking forward to meeting others, staying motivated, and learning from other people's success :)
  • arene0717
    arene0717 Posts: 14
    Options
    Hey!
    Feel free to add me! Daily words of motivation!
    Allison
  • melissarmonroe
    melissarmonroe Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hi there!

I'm actually just starting out as well. I knew I'd been unhealthy these last few months, but decided to bite the bullet and weigh myself this morning to see how bad the damage was... well, it's confirmed, I'm now the heaviest I've ever been. My current stats are: 29 years old, 5'5", 190.5 lbs. I signed up for MFP a LONG time ago and never really did anything with it, so figured I'd give it a real try now. I'm looking forward to meeting others, staying motivated, and learning from other people's success :)

Lets do this! You and I sound very very similar, I'm a few inches shorter but about the same weight a few weeks ago! I accepted your request!
  • Ruth4111gut
    Ruth4111gut Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    request sent :smile:
  • chocgirl4665
    Options
    I added you. I need to lose 60 lbs and I can not do it alone!! :-)
  • thedecorativedreamer
    Options
    Add me to your group too! I just signed up tonight. I've had the app on my phone for several months but have never used it and just logged my meals for today online here and am ready to give this a go. I am also 5'5' weighed in at the Dr.s today at 167. I used to be able to maintain easily between 130 and 140. I am 48 and the weight just keeps going up. I want to be committed to getting the weight off and getting fit and would love to pal around with you and some others on here too for support.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Rachel! :-)
    I started @202 (refused to get on scale after that) and I'm 135 now. I'm 5"8 tall. You can send me a request! (if you are yourself a beachbody coach, please do not try to sell me any beachbody products. I personally don't use them, but have nothing against others that do. I just hate When friends try to sell me stuff! :-)
  • petebu
    petebu Posts: 1
    Options
    i will be a friend--but i warn you that you are my first friend on this site. not sure what we are to do, but i check in daily, have 30 pounds i want to lose before the summer, am committed to a diet, but am not well self-disciplined and fall at times--and that is when i get discouraged. living in florida--talk to you tomorrow perhaps.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    How do you friend people?

On the app, you can click on the users name and it will pop up a little bar that says "add as friend" click on that. It may give you Ann option to add a short message with your request. I recommend using that. It's polite to include a note just introducing yourself. Some people will deny the requests if a note is not included, cuz it's considered rude. So I just wanted to let you know! :-)
  • angeleyes143
    Options
    I'm new on here too and would love to have some mfp friends. I have a 5 month old and losing the baby weight is hard. I'm 30 married and need to lose a bit. Isn't it weird how we get comfortable with our spouse and the weight just comes on lol. Anyway friend me I need some motivation. Thanks
  • Lyric716
    Lyric716 Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi everyone,

I would love to be friends with all of you. A little about me, I am 39 years old have struggled with my weight for many years. I am 5'10 and weigh 247 pounds right now. I had my first daughter 8 years ago and was able to get a lot of the weight off...I then had my son almost 5 years ago and was able to get down to 180 pounds which for my height and structure was a good weight for me....Sadly my little boy died at the age of two and I ate my way through the grief and got pregnant again with my third son who is 21 months old now. I would love to have some wonderful people going through the same journey as myself as I have 70 pounds to lose and it's pretty scary....but I know we can do it :) Please add me it if you would like.