What's for dinner?

Options
Still trying to get it right with my calorie intake and was just wondering if you would be willing to share what you are having for dinner with me (not literally :laugh: ). Maybe it'll give me some ideas. So what's for dinner?

Replies

• OomarianneoO
    OomarianneoO Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    Still trying to get it right with my calorie intake and was just wondering if you would be willing to share what you are having for dinner with me (not literally :laugh: ). Maybe it'll give me some ideas. So what's for dinner?
  • Mireille
    Mireille Posts: 5,134 Member
    Options
    Baked chicken thighs and roasted baby potatoes.

:flowerforyou:
  • MoMG
    MoMG Posts: 11
    Options
    grilled chicken breast and salad
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Options
    Don't know tonight, but last night was roasted broccolini (a cross between broccoli and Chinese kale, absolutely love this stuff), bean/vegetable soup with laughing cow cheese mixed in, and raspberries with chocolate shavings.
  • Poison5119
    Poison5119 Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    I'm going for Omaha Steaks Sole stuffed with crabmeat (prolly a little high but it's my cheat night), potato salad made with low-fat mayo, grilled summer squash and a romaine/mushroom/tomato salad with low-fat cesar dressing. :tongue:
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    I am having Cabernet Beef Pot Roast. I bought it at Trader Joes and cooked it in the crock pot. It's VERY lean. Only 120 cals and 3.5 g of fat per 4 oz serving. With it I am having the Pasta Medley from Trader Joes too..(basically bow ties with green pepper, spinach, spices, etc)....and broccoli!
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    chicken burger w/ baby swiss cheese, salad w/ romaine, tomatoes, mushrooms, orange and yellow peppers, gorgonzola cheese just a tiny bit and balsamic dressing.....its all I can afford today LOL but it will be good! :tongue:
  • MontanaGirl
    MontanaGirl Posts: 1,251 Member
    Options
    We're gonna have some pan seared salmon filets - bought at Costco the singles that are Maple & something - steamed fresh grean beans and a salad with light dressing. Maybe a small baked 'tato with low-fat sourcream. MMMM can't wait!!
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    We had breakfast night!

I had whole wheat cinnamon strawberry pancakes... Mmmmmm!
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/948-100-calorie-cinnamon-pancakes
  • Livi_Loves_Pink
    Options
    I had Taco Soup make in the slow cooker(beans, veggies, ground beef, tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, and taco seasoning) with a peice of wheat toast.
  • EllaBella
    EllaBella Posts: 140
    Options
    Baked smothered steak, new potatoes and peas in a cheese sauce, corn on the cob, fresh cucumbers and onions in sauce and apple crunch for dessert---that's what the men I'm cooking for tonight get and my family:happy: I will have a small piece of steak with the "smothered" scraped off, new potatoes and peas with the "cheese sauce" scraped off, corn with no butter, cucumbers with no sauce, and a bite of apple crunch:sad: Life is tough sometimes--however I have saved myself over 800 calories for tonight so I can splurge a little:noway: :tongue:
  • BrandNewLaura
    BrandNewLaura Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    We had beef fried rice...I posted it and the nutrition info on the recipe board...it was awesome! Here's the recipe just in case you wanted to know what's in it...

Beef Fried Rice

Prep time: 10 minutes
    Cook time: 15 minutes

Ingredients
    Vegetable cooking spray
    3 egg whites, lightly beaten
    3/4 pound Laura’s 92% Lean Ground Beef or 96% Lean Ground Round
    1/2 cup diced onion
    1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
    2 cups cooked brown rice
    1 cup frozen green peas
    1/4 cup low-salt soy sauce
    1 tablespoon Thai style chili sauce
    Green onions (optional)

Directions
    1. Heat vegetable cooking spray in a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat 2 minutes. Add egg whites; cook 1 minute, stirring occasionally; remove and set aside.
    2. Cook beef in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat 5 minutes or until beef is browned; drain.
    3. Add onion and red pepper; stir-fry 5 minutes. Add rice, peas, soy sauce and chili garlic sauce; stir-fry 3 to 4 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Stir in reserved egg and sprinkle with green onions, if desired.

Makes 4 servings.

Cooking Tip: When buying soy sauce, look for naturally brewed soy sauce without preservatives and artificial coloring. It has a better flavor.

Cooking Tip: Raw green onions have, in a small number of instances, been connected to food-borne illness. The only reliable way to eliminate this risk is to cook green onions thoroughly. Saute in a skillet for 2 mintues.

Nutritional Analysis Per Serving
    Using Laura's 92% Lean Ground Beef
    CALORIES 318 (23% from fat); FAT 8.2g (sat 2.4g); PROTEIN 24.5g; CARB 36.9g; FIBER 4.2g; CHOL 45mg; IRON 3.7mg; SODIUM 702mg

Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch; 2 vegetable; 3 lean meat

Using Laura's 96% Lean Ground Round
    CALORIES 303 (15% from fat); FAT 4.8g (sat 1.6g); PROTEIN 26.7g; CARB 36.9g; FIBER 4.2g; CHOL 45mg; IRON 2.4mg; SODIUM 714mg

Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch; 2 vegetable 3 very lean meat
  • watch48win
    watch48win Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    I am having Cabernet Beef Pot Roast. I bought it at Trader Joes and cooked it in the crock pot. It's VERY lean. Only 120 cals and 3.5 g of fat per 4 oz serving. With it I am having the Pasta Medley from Trader Joes too..(basically bow ties with green pepper, spinach, spices, etc)....and broccoli!

I can't wait for mine to open. Hurry up already:grumble:

the stuff you always talk about sounds soooooo good Tami
  • watch48win
    watch48win Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    bty---I had a boneless skinless chicken thigh with a 1/2 brown rice......my tummy hasn't felt well all day.

crackers, some OJ is all I've had today :ohwell: :cry: That's what I get for having Domino's Pizza last night ( I think something in the veggies on the pie did me in)
  • Emdicio
    Emdicio Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Grilled chicken cutlet with 1/2 slice of low fat Swiss cheese
    Green Giant "For One" Brocolli & Carrots w/Herb Sauce
    Whole grain wheat roll w/Brummel & Brown yogurt spread
    Yoplait Fat Free Light Boston Cream Pie yogurt
    Wild Turkey & Diet 7Up!

Basically, I/we typically do chicken twice a week, fish/shrimp twice a week and a frozen dinner (Eating Right, Weight Watchers, etc.) the other nights. If we go out, which is rare now, it'll be for a small steak or seafood entree, no potatoes or rice, steamed veggies and a salad. Maybe buffalo wings for an appetizer (so long as they are not breaded) or hummus w/veggies.

Shrimp, seafood, chicken, lean beef all are on the menu in small portions but we try hard to avoid "white" foods (bread, potatoes, rice, pasta, etc), anything fried, butter and most sauces, creamy dressings (except Fat Free), etc. Lots of veggies, especially the green ones, and salads. Plenty of options, you just have to adjust your thinking.

Good luck tonight......Mike
  • mello
    mello Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    Stuffed bellpeppers, I used extra lean ground meat and brown rice. Chinese style whole green beans (w/chopped garlic and sesame seeds) and fresh sliced tomatos w/balsamic vinegar and a small amt of feta cheese crumbled on top.
  • OomarianneoO
    Options
    We had beef fried rice...I posted it and the nutrition info on the recipe board...it was awesome! Here's the recipe just in case you wanted to know what's in it...

I love rice - any kind of rice! I'm half Filipino and living without rice is just not going to happen. :smile: I'll have to try this recipe over the weekend.
  • OomarianneoO
    Options
    Yummy! Such great ideas running through my head now. Thanks for sharing your dinner. :smile: Stuffed bellpeppers sound delicious and would be new to me. And taco soup? Hello! Can't get much easier than a slow cooker - will definitely try that.

I ended up having beef cubed steak, some italian vegetable mix and some fettucinni. It was yummy.