i need help!

Options
i have been trying to loose weight for ages! i have managed to lose a few pounds but i need more progress in my results. can anyone give me any tips on how i can lose the weight faster?

Replies

• rdjamis
    rdjamis Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    drinking water is optimal for weight loss.. it makes your whole body functions better.. improves the look of your skin. my wife is an RN and gives advice freely ..:)
  • klthomas59
    klthomas59 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    measure and make sure you are logging the food correctly
  • Audi68
    Audi68 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Track what you eat and stay close to your calorie goal, exercise as much as you can, and last but not least water, water, water.

This site works, use the tools available and the message boards for support.

Slow and steady wins the race. There are no short cuts and quick fixes.
  • kendradl
    kendradl Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Along with the rest of the great advice already posted I would also measure yourself, thighs, stomach, arms, etc. along with your weight gives you a more overall picture. And you may be losing inches and just not weight yet, gaining muscle instead. Good Luck!
  • emmerrs
    emmerrs Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Make sure you're counting all of your drinks, condiments, sauces etc. little bits of these here and that there can really add up to be a ton!

Also, I've tried to replace some of my favourite foods with lower calorie options. Perfect example, I'm a complete chocolate addict so I found jello fat-free chocolate pudding cups that are only 60 calories each! If I'm really desperate I'll have two, and then they're still less calories than a regular chocolate bar.

ALSO, make sure you're eating all of your calories. That along with exercise could give your metabolism the boost it needs!

Good Luck :)
  • agt1
    agt1 Posts: 2
    Options
    I gained 65 pounds during my pregnancy and am working out everyday and eating healthy. I have lost 40 pounds in 3 months already and it's not due to breast feeding because I don't have that option. The key is to be consistant, it doesn't matter what you do, just move. Go for a walk, dance in your living room while you watch a movie, do weights, etc.

As for the eating, this site helps a lot. I am eating lots of vegetables with chicken, turkey or fish. egg whites for breakfast and definitely snack between meals. Keep track of everything you eat, it's easy to forget. Yes, lots of water. I am exhausted from working out but feel great. Once you get into a routine, it's not that hard to keep it up