Any successful phentermine stories?

Options

Replies

• korygilliam
    korygilliam Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    Just make sure and don't eat too little...you want to use it to learn to eat healthy (healthy/normal portions, not our learned 'mega' portions :) )
  • Junebuggyzy
    Junebuggyzy Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Ginaflwr your post is spam. Phentermine is not sold online. You need a prescription from your doctor.
  • Junebuggyzy
    Options
    Phentermine has worked well for me. I have taken it a few times. Here's the thing. It's just like any diet. Once you stop, if you're not diligent and don't eat healthy, you will gain it back. And then some. But isn't every diet the same?

I have experienced gaining it back. Six weeks ago, I started taking it again. I have lost twelve pounds. I always got it from my regular doctor before. This time I am going to a nutritionist. This time I am doing it differently. I am logging every bite of food I take, and every exercise. I am glad I found this site, it makes it easy.

I gave up wine and junk food. I eat a large amount of vegetables and fruit,. Almonds and dried cranberries. Also beef, fish, and chicken. Just about the only processed food I eat is oatmeal. OH!!! And chocolate! Every day I have a square or two.

Here's the thing about Phen. I can be satisfied with one square of chocolate. Before I started back on it I wanted the whole bar.

The reason I had gained weight after I stopped taking Phentermine, was eating lots of junk food and lots of wine. Anyone who eats that way will gain weight.
  • Kalina112
    Options
    I have used Phentermine since September last year and so far I have lost 38 lbs. asked my dr last time if it was still safe to take, it is as long as you lose 3-4 lbs per month. Haven't weighed this low in a long time, but want to start reducing intake soon. Had a lot of personal issues to work through. Hopefully I will not gain too much back. I like the size I am now. Maybe lose 10 more pounds, then Gain a little back. I tried everything on earth to lose weight, Jenny Craig, WW 4x, Nutrisystem, Tops, you name it. All I lost was a lot of money, not pounds. I do not eat too much, gave up alcohol completely and walk 3-4 times a week, more in spring. We'll see what will happen next.
  • CBC435
    CBC435 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    2 of my best friends were on it- One lost 50lbs and has kept it off + has had additional weight loss in the past year and a half since starting it.
    The other friend lost 60lbs on it and went back to bad habits and gained it all back +

I am about to finish my first round of it and at 26lbs lost and have had a great experience with it and looking forward to continue the weight loss post phen :)
  • Loraluvs
    Loraluvs Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I have been on it for 2 weeks. My doctor prescribed it after I plateaued on my weight loss. And it has worked wonders. After not losing a pound for 6 weeks I have lost almost 7 in 2 weeks. I have no real side effects except for some dry mouth. I think it is totally worth it.
  • CBC435
    Options
    I have been on it for 2 weeks. My doctor prescribed it after I plateaued on my weight loss. And it has worked wonders. After not losing a pound for 6 weeks I have lost almost 7 in 2 weeks. I have no real side effects except for some dry mouth. I think it is totally worth it.

That is awesome!!! Keep it up and just chug that water!! The dry mouth is awful when you workout haha!
  • CBC435
    Options
    Even if I do cheat once in awhile, it's not as good as I remembered.

OMG! I thought that was just me! I have a cheat meal once a week and holy crap- I take a few bites and then I'm done. I always think "I wasted my cheat meal on that??" Haha but so glad that it's common. I haven't eaten anything that has made me want to "eat" the whole thing or crave more.
  • Junebuggyzy
    Options
    CBC, you hit the nail right on the head. I eat one square of chocolate a day. Before Phen, a candy bar did not last. I would eat the whole thing. With Phen, even if I am eating "bad" food I don't eat that much.

My friend came in from out of town, and she wanted to go for Chicago pizza at what I think is the best pizza place in Chicago. I had one and a half slices. And she wanted me to take the rest home. I passed. I can't imagine doing that while not on Phen.

I wish there were a way to not gain weight after stopping Phen and getting our appetite back.
  • CBC435
    Options
    CBC, you hit the nail right on the head. I eat one square of chocolate a day. Before Phen, a candy bar did not last. I would eat the whole thing. With Phen, even if I am eating "bad" food I don't eat that much.

My friend came in from out of town, and she wanted to go for Chicago pizza at what I think is the best pizza place in Chicago. I had one and a half slices. And she wanted me to take the rest home. I passed. I can't imagine doing that while not on Phen.

I wish there were a way to not gain weight after stopping Phen and getting our appetite back.

I'm still going to try to tell myself that it's not worth it! Had a birthday cheat meal and was not even close to finishing it AND my stomach is not happy. Totally not worth it! But I thought I was going crazy because the bad food is blah to me now! I've been craving apples and oranges this week! Haha weird!
  • Junebuggyzy
    Options
    Lora, that is fantastic, I am happy your doctor gave you Phen. It really does help you kickstart weight loss. You just have to be careful after you stop. Your appetite will come back with a vengeance. Just remember to keep eating the healthy way you are now. I'm giving you that advice, but I am really telling myself that. I've had my appetite come back, and not paid attention to what I ate, and wham, the pounds came right back. I am making a vow to myself that I will continue logging food and exercise after I stop Phen. I think that in our minds, we think that we diet, we lose weight, and then we are done, we can eat normal. I am starting to think that's not possible. I think we probably have to be diligent about eating healthy and exercising the rest of our lives.

CBC, that's pretty cool that you are craving apples and oranges. That's a beautiful thing. Sometimes I think I want a piece of candy, but then I think about it, and realize I'd rather have a couple of clementines or some strawberries. Food still tastes good to me, like when I went out for pizza, it was wonderful. I just couldn't eat as much as I normally would.
  • CBC435
    Options
    Lora, that is fantastic, I am happy your doctor gave you Phen. It really does help you kickstart weight loss. You just have to be careful after you stop. Your appetite will come back with a vengeance. Just remember to keep eating the healthy way you are now. I'm giving you that advice, but I am really telling myself that. I've had my appetite come back, and not paid attention to what I ate, and wham, the pounds came right back. I am making a vow to myself that I will continue logging food and exercise after I stop Phen. I think that in our minds, we think that we diet, we lose weight, and then we are done, we can eat normal. I am starting to think that's not possible. I think we probably have to be diligent about eating healthy and exercising the rest of our lives.

CBC, that's pretty cool that you are craving apples and oranges. That's a beautiful thing. Sometimes I think I want a piece of candy, but then I think about it, and realize I'd rather have a couple of clementines or some strawberries. Food still tastes good to me, like when I went out for pizza, it was wonderful. I just couldn't eat as much as I normally would.

Haha that's good! I guess my body is now craving what it needs which is always a good thing. Just hope it stays that way post phen!
  • amandanilo
    amandanilo Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Finally a phentermine post with only a few negative Nancys!

I started on 2/21. I lost 9lbs within the first 2.5 weeks. Because of how far my doctor is from my work, checking in once a week wasn't really doable. Instead, I check in once a month. My doctor gave me a 5 day trial and I came in on the 6th day to see how it went. I asked to weigh in and she hesitated because she didn't want me to be discouraged. I did it anyway! And I saw a 6lb loss! I was thrilled.

I've hit my 1 month mark, but I don't weigh in until 4/15. I'm not weighing myself on the regular because I know how scales differ. I don't want to get my hopes up! But I did weigh myself Saturday morning at my boyfriends and it said I was down 17lbs in one month! I'm just going to kick butt at the gym the next 2 weeks to 'beat my last weigh in'. Haha I'm basically treating it like a challenge...a challenge against myself!

I've completely changed my eating habits. It's funny that a few of you mentioned how you weren't satisfied by your normal go to junk food choices. Same with me! Pizza and fries are my weakness. I could eat an entire lg cheese pizza myself. My boyfriend and I got pizza this weekend for a little treat. I had 2 pieces and was so over it.

I'm really trying to eat as clean as possible, but I do have a few processed foods that I eat- Morningstar nuggets or burgers...whole wheat pasta...and a couple soups. However, it's all about portion sizes! I don't eat meat except fish. I also try to limit my dairy intake, but I have a Greek yogurt in the morning. I eat fruits, veggies, and raw nuts, white fish, yogurt, luna bars, etc. Compared to my old ways, this is been a major improvement.

I really need to up my protein. I get very little protein in my diet. This has been the case for years and years. I have a tough time fitting it into my daily routine. I only eat fish maybe 1-2x a week....

The energy gets my butt to the gym and helps me push my workout longer and harder. I also take B12 liquid drops. They also have Folic Acid in it. I believe this is important because the two work together to absorb into the body. One dose a day. Helps with energy. I find these work better than the B12 tablets. I read the liquid absorbs into the body more than the tablets.

Anyways...good luck to you all! Feel free to add me for support. I know it's tough to get it here if you're on medication. I don't judge...
  • Junebuggyzy
    Options
    Hi Amanda! I hope we keep this positive, too. Not sure if you saw my thread with lots of Negative Nancys. I got the moderators to delete it.

I see my doctor once every 28 days and she doles out the Phen. Only 28 pills in a container, no clue why. I don't usually lose as much as you did. I lost 11 pounds the first month. I the 7 weeks I have been on Phen I have lost 16 pounds. Good enough for me.
  • Alex729
    Alex729 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I started taking 15 mg of Phen on Feb. 12 and have lost 20 lbs. to date :) My doc plans on starting me off low and increasing over the next month or so. Along with my bariatric doc, I am also working with a nutritionist and exercise physiologist. I feel like phen keeps my appetite in check which helps me make good food choices. I exercise 4-5 days a week for about 45 min. I have a long way to go, but I'm happy with my jumpstart!

On a side note, I started seeing my doc last September to try to have wls, but recently found out that my insurance won't cover it. So my doc suggested we try this route instead. It's great to see a few positive peeps on the boards- Maybe somebody should start a Phen Group ;)
  • shoegal979
    shoegal979 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Just started taking phentermine today. I have the 37.5 dose but cut the pill in half to start with. Didn't want to have too crazy of side effects if I can help it. Not noticing too much difference but I do feel a little more energetic and a little jittery. Although I just had half a cup of coffee and I think that May have a little to do with it.

Excited to see where this takes me. I originally lost 50 pounds but gained back about 20. Lost another 5 but have just been stuck working out and eating well for about 4 months and no more loss so doctor prescribed this. I had a friend lose About 45 lbs altogether when she took them. She did gain about 10 pounds after she got off them but she's maintained since then and she's not very active just watches what she eats. I exercise about 5 to 6 times a week so I think this will help give me that extra push in the gym.

Good luck to you guys and keep the update progress posts coming id love to see where we all end up!
  • shoegal979
    shoegal979 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I took it 7 summers ago for 6 weeks, along with a healthy diet and exercise (swimming 45 minutes of laps and walking 3 brisk miles a day at 6 days a week) and I lost a total of 48 pounds and am happy to say that I have kept it ALL off!!! I am a mom of 4 kids, healthy and I weigh 125 at 5'3" tall. I feel good!

Very encouraging! Thanks for your story! I hope I have great success like you!
  • jennifer771
    jennifer771 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I lost 25 lbs. I took my also pill last Thursday as my dr said I can only take for 3 months. Now I'm tired and sluggish but I guess this stuff has to get out of my system. Going to be hard working out I'm this state bid I have no choice
  • marckromano
    Options
    interesting information i wanted to buy phentermine but i was worried about the side effects that can be very serious even lethal.
    so I wish you girls are taking enough precautions when you are using it.
  • Dyann_Alvarez
    Dyann_Alvarez Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    My Aunt lost a good 25lbs on it and promptly gained it all back. She went back on it again but had to quit because of heart palpitations I was so jealous of her when she lost all that weight but I knew in my heart it wouldn't last. And it didn't. Unfortunately, if there is a substitute for hard work and less food, it's not shown itself yet. I wish it would, though!!