Winter Drinks?

Options
I am a hot chocolate fanatic but it has so much sugar and empty calories! I'm not a big fan of coffee, though I do love tea...what does everyone drink when they want a nice warm drink but want it to be low cal and low sugar??

Replies

• soopatodd
    Options
    Large Tim Hortons Apple Cider but half hot water.

Taste great and only 110 calories
  • Gogo76
    Gogo76 Posts: 581
    Options
    Hot Peppermint tea......love the peppermint during the holidays!
  • yvfitness1
    yvfitness1 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'm not a fan of coffee either, but in Holland, Nestle has the instant cappucino packages with really nice added tastes such as vanilla or chocolate. Its only 50 calories a package and if you want a sweeter taste you just add some sweetener..
  • Manda1987
    Options
    Adding a splash of chocolate milk and a couple drops of peppermint to coffee makes a pretty decent peppermint mocha!

Or, for a grown-up version, you can do what my friends and I did last week... Godiva white chocolate liqueur and peppermint extract in coffee... mmm...
  • WildFlower7
    WildFlower7 Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    I drink Folgers Black Silk 6oz- 0 cal
    Mix in 2packets of Stevia sugar-0 cal
    Then 2tbsp of CoffeeMate Sugar Free French Vanilla Creamer-15cal per tbsp Carbs 1g per tbsp. . .not too bad and very tasty and warm!

So all together it only costs me 30 cal's and it kinda tastes like hot co-co to me and gives me the caffeine boost I need and doesn't cost me very many calories. Have you tried. . . since your not big on coffee maybe flavored coffee beans...those are really good too?!
  • Leigh14
    Leigh14 Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    Diet Swiss Miss!! 25 calories per packet. :drinker: I add a packet to a cup of coffee. :love:
  • Charlie001
    Options
    I am a hot chocolate fanatic but it has so much sugar and empty calories! I'm not a big fan of coffee, though I do love tea...what does everyone drink when they want a nice warm drink but want it to be low cal and low sugar??

CARNATION HOT CHOCOLATE LITE. Only 45 cal with water.
  • guardup
    guardup Posts: 230
    Options
    Trader Joe's Sipping Chocolate... puts hot cocoa to shame. 90 calories with lots of fiber and iron. Sipping chocolate is different in that you can either have it as cocoa with a full cup of milk or you can have it as a MOST decadent treat and mix it with 1/3 cup of milk. It's like drinking a dark chocolate candy bar. Note - they only sell it in November and December. So we stock up with about 2 dozen tins of it to get us through the winter.
  • jeannewafa
    Options
    I can't give up hot cocoa! I buy the low-calorie kind BUT for a treat, I add peppermint schnapps! All I need is one and it makes my whole evening warm and happy :)