feeling low and tiring

Options
being a student means lots of pressure, mood swings and up downs... don't know why i am losing the energy to diet control because i feel i am hungry all the time ..... due to geographical distance things which mostly people eat are not available here and what i eat do have food entry issues... don't know i just don't wana feel this empty:sad:

Replies

• Nutella91
    Nutella91 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    I live in China. it's hard, very hard, but possible.
  • nim_ra
    nim_ra Posts: 38
    Options
    I live in China. it's hard, very hard, but possible.
    i know buddy but i don't know why i feel myself so low in energy
  • xsmilexforxmex
    xsmilexforxmex Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    Try eating closer to your goal. A lot of people recommend eating to within 50 calories. See if it helps after a few days?
  • nim_ra
    Options
    Try eating closer to your goal. A lot of people recommend eating to within 50 calories. See if it helps after a few days?
    hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm ok ... i will give that a try ... actually its submission of my thesis in a couple of months ... high time of my stress but i don't wana giveup on diet this time
  • nenshali
    nenshali Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm ok ... i will give that a try ... actually its submission of my thesis in a couple of months ... high time of my stress but i don't wana giveup on diet this time

I would have suggested this, too.
    Try eating more protein, if possible!
    And have healthy snacks around for when you are studying. For example some nuts, a banana, an apple (or a fruit salad?)

Something you can enjoy without feeling guilty! You need energy for your thesis and shouldn't worry too much about food.
    Do you do sports?
  • nim_ra
    Options

I would have suggested this, too.
    Try eating more protein, if possible!
    And have healthy snacks around for when you are studying. For example some nuts, a banana, an apple (or a fruit salad?)

Something you can enjoy without feeling guilty! You need energy for your thesis and shouldn't worry too much about food.
    Do you do sports?

nops i am not a sport's person .. i just love books ... reading, writing are my passions.... about protein when i try to have nuts fat content shoots and as i am in hostel don't have much choice .... i do feel better when i talk to someone in this community section of MFP
  • nenshali
    nenshali Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Nuts contain healthy fat. As long as it suits your caloric intake, it's perfectly fine. You could also add some yogurt for the protein. Do you have a kitchen in this hostel? If so, you could cook some hard- boiled eggs and eat them over the days.

I love reading and writing as well. What I sometimes do is going outside for a walk/inline-skating/riding by bike or something similar and while moving, I try to build a story-line in my head; or I think about the structure of something or I imagine a scene in my head. Like a video I try to find certain settings, things that are important etc. and how I want to present them.
    I think about how to bring this "video" in my head to people through writing.

You don't need to do hardcore workouts (it would be benefitial of course, but it's not mandatory). But a little bit of activity would help you :)

In general, do you feel like you eat enough? Do you feel hungry often? Do you drink enough (and what do you drink?)
  • cindym29
    cindym29 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Protein definitely helps me stay awake and alert (as does caffiene....try some caffienated tea!) just aim to make each decision the best you can throughout the day. each decision is your own choice and they add up! Good Luck!
  • nim_ra
    Options
    Nuts contain healthy fat. As long as it suits your caloric intake, it's perfectly fine. You could also add some yogurt for the protein. Do you have a kitchen in this hostel? If so, you could cook some hard- boiled eggs and eat them over the days.

I love reading and writing as well. What I sometimes do is going outside for a walk/inline-skating/riding by bike or something similar and while moving, I try to build a story-line in my head; or I think about the structure of something or I imagine a scene in my head. Like a video I try to find certain settings, things that are important etc. and how I want to present them.
    I think about how to bring this "video" in my head to people through writing.

You don't need to do hardcore workouts (it would be benefitial of course, but it's not mandatory). But a little bit of activity would help you :)

In general, do you feel like you eat enough? Do you feel hungry often? Do you drink enough (and what do you drink?)
    i drink water and i do feel hungry after a couple of days ..... yeps i feel like i eat enough .... and thanks alottttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt for detail reply .......
  • nim_ra
    Options
    Protein definitely helps me stay awake and alert (as does caffiene....try some caffienated tea!) just aim to make each decision the best you can throughout the day. each decision is your own choice and they add up! Good Luck!

well said buddy
  • AmandaLY17
    AmandaLY17 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Couple things. Looking at your diary for the past week or so, it looks like you have a couple hundred calories every day that you have free... EAT THEM :) if you're hungry, you have room for them
    Protein is your friend
    a half hour walk or quick paced chores can give you a boost
    and it could be hormones. sometimes things go out of whack for me. Sometimes related to TOM, sometimes not. exercise will help with this too
  • nim_ra
    Options
    Couple things. Looking at your diary for the past week or so, it looks like you have a couple hundred calories every day that you have free... EAT THEM :) if you're hungry, you have room for them
    Protein is your friend
    a half hour walk or quick paced chores can give you a boost
    and it could be hormones. sometimes things go out of whack for me. Sometimes related to TOM, sometimes not. exercise will help with this too
    I really need this thanks alot buddy for your time and guidance