Wedding July 2014 and in need of fitness buddies

Options
Hi All,

I'm a new UK member to MFP and have begun my journey to get myself looking my best for my wedding in July 2014. Over the past year I've half heartedly tried a number of schemes such as Weight Watchers and other diets but now that the big day is drawing near I feel I really need to knuckle down and do this. So far MFP has been fantastic and so easy to use and track.

My aim is to improve my calorie intake and to really encourage myself to involve myself in more fitness including walking , running and cycling.

I really do want this to work so am looking for friends to help motivate and support and also to give me a prod when I'm not making the effort.

Starting Weight: 18st
Weight Loss Goal: 16st

Replies

• ProjectBrighton
    Options
    Hi Matt, and welcome! I'm a total newbie too trying to lose weight and get fit by June (if possible! lol)

This place certainly does help :)
  • sarahjh332014
    sarahjh332014 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Im getting married in Sept!!
    Current weight: 14st
    Goal weight: 12st
  • krissenior
    krissenior Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Hey Matt

I am in the same boat, I get married early next year and need to look my best

Add me (Any one is free too)

Kris
  • ianclose69
    Options
    Hi Matt

I too am getting married this summer (there seems to be a lot of it about!) and have just joined MFP as part of my attempt to get slightly less fat and more fit.

I've just started with a personal trainer and was up at 6am to do my second session with him today.

The question is whether we can maintain the enthusiasm...

Good luck with your goals!

Ian
  • chljlleal
    chljlleal Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Hi Matt

I'm Jen, always happy to have new friends.
  • AngieSitaAustin
    AngieSitaAustin Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Hi congratulations on your forthcoming wedding, i am getting married in August 14 so fully appreciate the need to look your best. I have been on MFP religiously since around October/November last year. I had previously tried WW but hated the fact that i had to weight and point everything so the only success from that was a waste of money.
    Since being on MFP i have lost 25lb and i have 9lb left to lose to get to my ideal weight before my wedding.
    Feel free to add me, i log daily and am always here to offer support when needed.
    Good luck on your journey, it will be a worthy one :-) Angie
  • mattchapman86
    mattchapman86 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your responses so far. Great to see so many of us are in the same boat, really looking forward for the next 4 months!
  • annadarelli
    Options
    Getting married in less than a month! :)
    Keep at it.