21 year old girl trying to get a grip of her habits!

Options
Hi there!
I am in a difficult position... I am 21 and I am an engineering student with real bad habits. I have been really bad at controlling my food-habits... I have eaten what I wanted and now I am seeing the results (don't fit in my pants anymore...). Now I am trying to change my habits to the better and it is really hard! Food was the highlight of my day.

I have a really difficult time at school, I am a bit behind and have a lot of exams to study for and when I get home at 19, I am so tired and that ends up with me not doing any exercise and eat badly.

I am looking for some buddies in the same position... No time and no motivation for changing habits. Maybe we could support each other! I surely need some motivation and support, I bet there is someone else who needs that! :)

Replies

• omair43
    omair43 Posts: 5
    Options
    Hey Welcome,

Being an engineering grad i can totally relate. However, i was able to keep my weight down cause of all the walking form one building to the other and working odd jobs.. See if you can plan for all the food that you need to consume a day before rather than grabbing a quick bite.
  • Amberlynnek
    Amberlynnek Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    check out the blog undressed skeleton, she has some good college tips. I am not a huge fan of her in general but you might be able to use her list.
  • lucille_heather
    lucille_heather Posts: 650 Member
    Options
    im also 21 and trying to kick out my junk food habits.
    growing up i used to be able to eat whatever i wanted and not worry about it.
    but then being at university and eating and drinking crap every day did not do my body any favours.
    so i know exactly how you are feeling hun.
    feel free to add me
  • NatNat18394
    Options
    Hey, I'm 20 and struggle with the motivation to eat healthily (I'm a sucker for sweets/candy!) although I try my best with exercise. Feel free to add me, hopefully we can motivate each other to achieve our fitness goals!:)
  • emefr669
    emefr669 Posts: 3
    Options
    Hi all! Thanks for the great support! The snacks are the worst... It's so easy to just grab something when you're studying. I am from Sweden, and we have this thing called "fika" (google, hehe)...Coffe and cookies and sweets... It's awesome and horrible at the same time! And even worse, today is "waffelday" which means that the entire campus is filled with waffels with whipped cream and jelly...

Thanks for all the tips! I have added a lot of friends and it feels great with some support :) Today I am planning to go swimming with a friend to get some exercise, hopefully I can be motivated to keep away from all the snacks today with her help :)
  • ccamille01
    ccamille01 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi Ya,

I'm 20 in the same situation,currently studying interior architecture, so I hear you on having little to no time to workout ad stay on track. Late night doing projects and fighting the urge not to eat at 3 am. I can help motivate you to stay on track and to choose healthier options to eat rather than go for the sugar high of a red bull and cookies.
  • skinnyin60
    skinnyin60 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone add me too - I'm a 19 year old language student. Healthy eating at college is so hard!
  • badgalmari
    badgalmari Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hey!! I'm 21 as well! I totally understand your situation. I've been in the same position. I lost a lot of weight in High School and gained a lot back in my freshman year of college. I came back to my senses a year ago to get back on track. I sent you a request and anyone else feel free to add me as well.