Jamie Easton anyone???

Has anyone tried Jamie Easton's 12 week program? I am always been active (going to the gym 4-5x a week) and eating around 1500 calories a day (I'm 5'8, 138 pounds) and not seeing much progress in weight loss or muscle definition. Any suggestions would be helpful!!

Replies

• Joreanasaurous
    Joreanasaurous Posts: 1,384 Member
    No, but I have been considering it.
  • smash820
    smash820 Posts: 22
    Me too... I need a change in my routine, I feel like I am just spinning my wheels at this point which is really discouraging since I make a point to keep my diet clean and exercise at least 4x a week. I'm open to other suggestions but her plan seems so simple as she lays it all out for you (which is something I need!)
  • amwoidyla
    amwoidyla Posts: 257 Member
    I have done it a few times through Phase 2, then I get derailed at Phase 3. Mostly because it's tough in my gym to do the workout like it's listed when it's busy (I go during the busy times)

I found that it gave me a really good foundation to lifting, which exercises target which muscles, and introduced me to HIIT. As far as my results go, I definitely felt an increase in strength and more muscle definition. I did find that I gained weight, but that wasn't the program, it was me eating too much. Hopefully my eating surplus allowed me to gain a little muscle.:smile: I didn't follow the meal plan, I counted my cals and macros here on MFP instead.
  • smash820
    Oh ok, I was wondering about that (the weight gain), I was reading a lot of the forums on bodybuilding.com and a lot of them were steadily gaining weight but never checked back in through phase 2 to say if they lost it once they started incorporating cardio again or if it was muscle/water weight based upon a new routine. I definitely need a new routine that will build muscle definition, I feel like what I am doing is maintaining and keeping them in motion so to speak and not actually getting stronger.
    Anyone else have any luck with her program or something similar? I'm looking to get more toned for the summer, like everyone else. :drinker:
  • Cre8veLifeR
    Cre8veLifeR Posts: 1,062 Member
    I did it and loved it. I lost a LOT of inches, while my weight pretty much stayed the same. Not everyone does well on a high protein diet (she eats a LOT of protein) so you need to eat according to what your body responds to. The workout was great, and it a wonderful introduction to weight lifting.
  • smash820
    Really? Wow, that's encouraging. Great job!! I'm hoping to not lose a LOT as I don't want to lose much more weight (~5 lbs), more so looking to be more toned but I'm assuming the eating habits play into this a lot as I don't want to be buying all new pants (again). I know hard life, buying SMALLER clothes, but I really don't have the means to do that all over again.
  • corgarian
    corgarian Posts: 366 Member
    I loooveJamie. I never finished the 12 week plan because I was just using it as a guideline to start my lifting. But yeah you miiight gain a little weight, or stay the same but you will most likely lose inches.