My Promise to Myself

Options
I'm making my promise public!

Stop thinking "You can't", and start thing "You can!". I have an issue. A voice inside me tells me, "why try, when you're going to fail". That voice has stopped for the last 2 years!!! 2 years of constantly thinking about weight loss. This has consumed my everyday life. I think about it, I dream about it but I do absolutely nothing towards it. My impatience and my negativity has blocked me from seeing the truth. It's not true that I'll fail. It is true that if I don't try I'll fail. If I want it bad enough I will achieve it. Listen to your inner-self. I've been told throughout my childhood that I'll quit everything that I start, I quit because I let myself believe that. Tomorrow I turn 22 years old. I don't want my 23rd birthday to come on by and I'm still yo-yo-ing between 210-221 pounds. I want to turn to the next page of my life. This really is about changing your lifestyle. It's not a diet. I don't just want to look good, I want to feel good too. Feel healthy, energized, full of life, happy, and comfortable in my own skin!! So from this day forward: I promise myself that I will be kind to my body. I will love myself, how I am now. I will make small changes week by week, and month by month. I will be conscious as to how I eat. I will learn about food, nutrition, cardio, and strength training. Once I reach my desired weight, I won't stop there! I'll keep striving to maintain & better the body I earned! - Karina 3/25/14 @ 6:48AM

Replies

• jennbuck22
    jennbuck22 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    "If I want it bad enough I will achieve it"

Your above quote stuck out to me. I've known for years I need to lose weight, but I told myself I didn't have to - I could still walk normal, my family/friends love me either way, ect.

But 25 days ago I said enough
    I'm doing this for me
    To feel better
    To look better
    And to be a better person for those family/friends that will love me either way:)

I'm sure eventually I'll have a cheat day
    But I haven't yet
    Because I don't want to cheat myself
  • KariOrtiz2014
    KariOrtiz2014 Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Exactly!! I'm just SOOO tired of letting myself down. I know that my hubby will love me no matter what but it's time for me to feel good about myself!