Anyone ever attempt the 30 day shred in 30 days?

Options
jezzi16
jezzi16 Posts: 128 Member
I have done it twice before both with good results . This time I decided to test my will power and with Memorial day only 69 days away ( TG!) I wanted a jump start to bathing suit season. So I am attempting to do it every day for 30 days, in the past it's taking me at least 40 days as I would take a couple days off per week. I started 16 days ago and twice due to problem I couldn't avoid I was unable to complete it that day so I did the workout twice the next day.

So has anyone ever gotten it done in 30 days and how did it affect the results?

Replies

• jillian_fan2425
    jillian_fan2425 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Yes. I did it once before and am currently doing it again and I do it every day with no rest days. People often start and stop quickly because of the muscle aches, but I really think (unless you suspect an injury above and beyond normal soreness, of course) that you should try to push through because the aches do subside over time. Last time I lost a few inches on my waist and hips but only one pound, which is apparently fairly typical of JM's workouts. This time, I'm about a week from finishing and I've already lost 7 pounds total and 2 inches off my waist. The major differences between this time and last time are that I'm also counting calories this time (last time I made a few healthy swaps, like whole wheat pasta for white pasta, but nothing too drastic) and I'm doing "extra" workouts from Jillian's other DVDs two days a week. I also get additional cardio from walking around town, hiking, etc.

Best of luck! I think it's a great workout, but I wouldn't expect the 20 pound promise on the front cover to come true :tongue:
  • jezzi16
    Options
    Thanks for the response. This is maybe my 3rd time doing it. Never without a break though. First time I lose about 8lb but a ton of inches, 2nd time I wasn't as into my diet so only lost a couple inches. So far I haven't lost anything but my legs look more fit, in the past I never get any weight loss until the last 10 days. Workout #20 tonight. LORD give me strength!
  • LydiaShackelford
    LydiaShackelford Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Yes! I've only done it once, but I did it in 30 days, and it gave me great results. I did it before my trip to Mexico to lose my last bit of weight. Lost it and then some! Now, I'm on to my final 10-15 pounds. Thinking about doing it again over the summer! Good Luck!!
  • mshopey
    mshopey Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Just reading a snippet of these results makes me want to definitely get it sooner.
    I am looking to lose 130lbs though, would you guys say its more a last minute tone up before a holiday.
    Or more like an overall weight loss no matter where you are in your journey?
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    Yes...my first time through I did it everyday (almost) missed 3 days but not on purpose...1 my son flipped his car, 2 was laying sod and that was a workout in itself, 3 was away for a night...

The 2nd time I only did it during the week...so 5 days on 2 days off...

I lost more inches the first time but I had more to lose...you really do need to take some rest days for recovery due to muscle damage.
  • hannaawh
    hannaawh Posts: 51
    Options
    Yes...my first time through I did it everyday (almost) missed 3 days but not on purpose...1 my son flipped his car, 2 was laying sod and that was a workout in itself, 3 was away for a night...

The 2nd time I only did it during the week...so 5 days on 2 days off...

I lost more inches the first time but I had more to lose...you really do need to take some rest days for recovery due to muscle damage.

I agree, I'm always worried when I hear about people doing insane workouts for 30 days with no rest days in between.
    My coach used to always have me take one day off working out my muscles so they can recover. Not just does it hurt less, but it also helps your muscles grow and prevents injury.
  • jezzi16
    Options
    I wouldn't do an insane workout without a break but this is pretty light, just effective because of the cardio and circuit training
  • raegrove
    raegrove Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Just reading a snippet of these results makes me want to definitely get it sooner.
    I am looking to lose 130lbs though, would you guys say its more a last minute tone up before a holiday.

I think this is a good workout for anyone no matter if you have 130lbs to lose or 5. its a good exercise. I think its more about losing inches than losing weight, which is always a good thing too.
  • tanfit4life
    tanfit4life Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I have done it -and it does work-it is a great cardio workout-I truly love jillian micheals-but I agree you did need rest
  • jillian_fan2425
    jillian_fan2425 Posts: 167 Member
    Options

I use it as a way of "jump starting" my fitness when I've fallen off the calorie counting wagon or just gotten out of the habit of regular exercise. It's strenuous but easy to fit into my busy schedule and gives me some practice before I start doing longer workouts again. Like I said above, don't expect to drop 20 pounds from it.

I do see people doing it for more than 30 days and I don't think that's what it was meant for. I plan to definitely take some time to rest when I finish (tonight, yay!) and build in rest days for my "regular" workout schedule after I finish the Shred, for the reasons people have listed about muscle damage and injury prevention. But I personally don't feel negative effects from not resting during the Shred.