Goes to the Gym 3 times a week

Options
I go to the gym 3 times a week but still want to work out every other day that I don't go to the gym. What work out should I do in my own home. The stuff I have is weights, Ball (the one you can sit on) , and weight balls
Thanks

Replies

• kpchefai
    kpchefai Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I do burpees, jumping jacks, power jacks, squats, lunges, ab work(v-sits, cruncy frogs, waverunners, sit ups with medicine ball etc), planks, iron cross, high jumps, push ups, reverse push ups, mountain climbers, air punches, calf raises etc.

If I work out for 30 mins I usually do 30-60 second intervals of each thing.

For example I will do mountain climbers for 30 seconds, hold a plank for 30 seconds and repeat 3x. Then I will do a 20 count of crunches, hold a V-sit for 20 seconds, 19 crunches, hold a V-sit for 19 seconds and continue till I do 1 crunch and 1 sec hold.

Then I will do walking lunges with a twist for 60 seconds, followed by 60 seconds of power jacks.

If you have a ball I highly recommend wall squats. I usually pick a song to do this with because its gets pretty rough for me towards the end and the song keeps me going. So I do wall squats for 60 seconds, hold for 30 seconds, small movement up and down while engaged for 30 seconds, squat and press knees together for 30 seconds. Hold medicine ball between my inner thighs for a count of 10. Down on the floor for 10 push ups. And repeat 3x. It works well for me

I switch it up often and it goes by pretty fast and I can barely crawl to the sink to refill my water bottle when I am done. I set up the timers on my iphone to go off for each interval!
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    there is also a workout series called "you are your own gym" that might be up your alley. I think you can find it on youtube or buy the actual DVDs
  • Luciewithienoty
    Luciewithienoty Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I use the Nike Training Club app on my phone when I workout at home. It has lots of different options to stop you getting bored & most of them don't need any equipment.
    I find it gives me a structured workout, rather than me just aimlessly flitting from one half-hearted exercise to another & stopping because I can't think of any more.
  • MyOwnSunshine
    MyOwnSunshine Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    Focus on heavy weights at the gym and HIIT/cardio like running/walking at home on your off days.
  • Starlight_Shine
    Options
    Wow guys thanks for all the help!!! Can't wait to go home and do my work out at home!!!!