low cal mayo/ alternative?

Options
I like the have egg a sandwich for breakfast but i just have a really hard time counting 100 cals for just 1tbl of mayo. I have to have it on there because thats just how i like it. Is there a good low cal mayo out there or is there an alternative that tastes like mayonnaise? just want my egg sandwiches to be a bit less in calories so i can justify eating them most mornings lol

Replies

• 50racinggirl
    50racinggirl Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I use laughing cow on my egg sandwiches. I really like it.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    I like the have egg a sandwich for breakfast but i just have a really hard time counting 100 cals for just 1tbl of mayo. I have to have it on there because thats just how i like it. Is there a good low cal mayo out there or is there an alternative that tastes like mayonnaise? just want my egg sandwiches to be a bit less in calories so i can justify eating them most mornings lol

Hmmm mayo on an breakfast egg sandwich?
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    I sub plain greek yogurt for mayo and for sour cream.

works great for me.
  • glassgallm
    glassgallm Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    mashed avocado or huumus, plain greek yogurt- all yum, but huumus is my favorite!
  • WAS287GOAL170
    WAS287GOAL170 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    HELLMAN'S LITE MAYO IS ONLY 35 CAL FOR 1 TBS. Greek yogurt works to. I heart Mayo!
  • chasetwins
    chasetwins Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    I used to eat my egg sandwiches like that too :) Since starting this journey I learned to live without the mayo on those. However Cains makes a light mayo - if you do not use a lot you can get the satisfaction of mayo without the jump in calories. I would not recommend it for pasta salad etc however for sandwiches it is great.

Do not try fat free - if you love mayo..you will gag! LOL
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    HELLMAN'S LITE MAYO IS ONLY 35 CAL FOR 1 TBS. Greek yogurt works to. I heart Mayo!

^This is decent stuff.

I've wanted to try Hellmann's Dijonaisse .....low calorie but I'm not sure if it's too mustardy

You could add pickle relish for moisture.....I know this is more of a tuna salad thing (helps me cut down on mayo there too).

Fat free mayo is horrible......I've tried at least 2 brands....blech!
  • laurelthistle
    laurelthistle Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Mashed avocado has a really creamy texture and tastes really good, plus it has the added benefit of being a good for you fat. I would recommend that.
  • brizzeem
    brizzeem Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I looked the last time i went shopping cause I wanted to start making tuna melts and chicken salads, etc and looked at light mayo, olive oil mayo, canola oil mayo, and there was something else too but forgot it haha basically looke dta every mayo on the shelf.....

Even though the cals were lowest on the light mayo i didn't like the ingredients. Canola oil I liked and is what I purchased. When you're at the store or online compare the nutirional chart with their ingredients. The taste is good too worth a try only a couple bucks. It was hellmans brand if it helps.
  • mreeves261
    mreeves261 Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    For ME there is no alternative to full fat Kraft or Hellman's Mayo. My mother will tell you I put it on my sandwiches like I'm icing a birthday cake. Since I have little control over myself I had to completely replace it with mustard products, spicy brown, deli style, dijon, etc. I still have mayo just limit it to once a week and try to make sure it is on distance running days.

ETA: that olive oil stuff doesn't even taste like mayo!!!!
  • ellybeann
    ellybeann Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I use smart balance mayo for 50 cal per tablespoon, or laughing cow cheese garlic & herb and french onion....
  • ashenriver
    ashenriver Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I find that shredded carrots help with the combining effects similar to mayo, and look its an added vegetable to the sandwich and adds a bit of a crunch as well. I reduced my mayo and added more shredded carrots.
  • bstonexoxo
    Options
    greek yogurt!!!!!!!