Gym Playlist!!

Options
What are you favorite songs that get you PUMPED for the gym!! I'm so motivated by music and need to make a new playlist!

Replies

• CarbsByTheBucket
    Options
    I've been staring at iTunes all morning, in need of the same thing.

My gym playlist tends to be a mix of guilty pleasures..but some staples are Eminem and Rage Against the Machine
  • gym_rat01
    Options
    Soca and house music is always great for cardio!

My fav at the moment is "watch out fi dis" - major lazer; and "precision wine - kes the band"

Heavy lifting is 'closer - linkin park' and 'down with the sickness-disturbed.'
  • ALNoog
    ALNoog Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Do you workout where you have wifi?

I downloaded and app called rockmyrun and it is fantastic! You can pick your genre or your work out type or playlists based on how long you want to workout for and it will play songs with bpm to match your intensity based on what you tell it you want.
  • beachylove
    beachylove Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I have found I enjoy listnening to Hollywood Undead while doing my cardio and Atreyu/Avenged Sevenfold while I do strength training. Just depends on your music preference....
  • Laine80
    Laine80 Posts: 2
    Options
    I like to listen to the 'Collision Course' album by Linkin Park and Jay-Z. It's a mash up of some of their more well known songs.
  • brizzeem
    brizzeem Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    What are you favorite songs that get you PUMPED for the gym!! I'm so motivated by music and need to make a new playlist!

Perfect timing for this post!!! I just found this artist: Stic Man Album: The Workout

The whole album is decent (preview it on itunes) the two best songs are #2 - Back on my regimen and # 8 - Let it burn
  • StephyA86
    StephyA86 Posts: 68 Member
    Options

I downloaded and app called rockmyrun and it is fantastic! You can pick your genre or your work out type or playlists based on how long you want to workout for and it will play songs with bpm to match your intensity based on what you tell it you want.

I second this! I DL a rockmyrun mix about once a month (it's free!)...they have some great mixes!
  • PNewmanTx
    PNewmanTx Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I have a workout playlist on my MP3 player, and change it every so often. I generally prefer "high energy" type music. Right now, here is a sampling of what's on there. As you'll see, it's pretty.....eclectic.....to say the least.

A selection of military running cadences, or "jodies" (You can find these on YouTube)
    It's Tricky - Run DMC
    Centerfield - John Fogerty
    Lose Yourself - Eminem
    Gangnam Style - Psy
    The Auctioneer - Leroy Van *kitten*
    Dominique - Debbie Reynolds (Yep, I first heard this on American Horror Story, although this is the English version)
    Down Down Down - The Expendables
    Up Up Up - The Givers
    Lucy the Diver's Widow - The Barefoot Man
    The Well Equipped Diver - The Barefoot Man
    The Cup of Life (Spanglish) - Ricky Martin
    Who Let the Dogs Out - Baha Men
    Two Princes - Spin Doctors

There are a few others, but I can't remember them off the top of my head.
  • Thatsmywrapgirl
    Options

Eeeek this sounds fantastic!
  • Thatsmywrapgirl
    Options
    I have found I enjoy listnening to Hollywood Undead while doing my cardio and Atreyu/Avenged Sevenfold while I do strength training. Just depends on your music preference....
    Avenged Sevenfold has always been one of my FAV workout albums! Love love love them! Hollywood Undead too!! I like your style!!!!!
  • ALNoog
    ALNoog Posts: 413 Member
    Options

Eeeek this sounds fantastic!

It's awesome! If I'm at home I use it but of I'm outside I don't because I only have 1gb data on my phone.
  • Thatsmywrapgirl
    Options
    Pnewman... To say the least indeed, but I love it haha!
  • beachylove
    beachylove Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Avenged Sevenfold has always been one of my FAV workout albums! Love love love them! Hollywood Undead too!! I like your style!!!!!

:heart: I love hearing other ladies love the same music. So many people look at me crazy for my music choices lol.

I actually Met J-Dog, Danny, Funny Man and Kurlz after one of their concerts locally that I took my husband to for his christmas present.....then at a Hell or Highwater concert in SoCal met Synyster and Johnny Christ of A7X. :love: Best nights ever :blushing:
  • spfldpam
    spfldpam Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    I tend to listen to anything by the Foo Fighters! The slow songs I skip over on my iPod but I all their cds on there and they get me going. Oh...it has to be played LOUD too!!!!
  • Thatsmywrapgirl
    Options

:heart: I love hearing other ladies love the same music. So many people look at me crazy for my music choices lol.

I actually Met J-Dog, Danny, Funny Man and Kurlz after one of their concerts locally that I took my husband to for his christmas present.....then at a Hell or Highwater concert in SoCal met Synyster and Johnny Christ of A7X. :love: Best nights ever :blushing:

I think I just fell in love! Hahaha