New from Illinois

Options
Hello, I am desperately in need of a new approach to weight loss. What I have tried before just isn't working, so I thought I'd try community support. Until I went to graduate school to work on my Masters degree, I was reasonably in shape and just slightly overweight. Before I went to college I was in very good shape and within what could be considered normal for my height. However, I am a stress eater and when the going gets tough the food goes in my mouth. Plus I was so busy, especially in grad school I pretty much stopped exercising. After graduation I got back on the wagon so to speak but then I got pregnant and had my daughter, who is now 16 months old. I really have not retained any "baby weight" but what I needed to work on before has only been harder after her and now I find that what little I am able to do hardly seems to make a dent. My husband is very supportive and encouraging but I work so many hours a week trying to get by, I feel like I'm going to go insane with everything I have to do. There are health problems that run in my family that chances of would be greatly reduced for me if I lost weight and got in shape so I MUST do it! So here goes nothing! I definitely need support! Thanks in advance.
Laurel

Replies

• TaraMaria
    TaraMaria Posts: 1,975
    Options
    You are at the right place!!! This is the most amazing website EVER for weight loss! Everyone is supportive, encouraging...because we are all working towards the same goal: A Healthy New Lifestyle! :o) You can so do this. Look at what you've already accomplished! A Master's Degree? A Daughter? Surviving IL weather? Ha ha! :o) Log what you eat, begin working out, and sign on here for some virtual high five's and thumbs up! Set mini goals for yourself so that we can all rejoice with you when you reach them and another thing I really wish I would have done it take pictures along the way! :o)

Good luck hunny!!! :o)
  • iamdesiderata
    iamdesiderata Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Hi from Chicago :) The support you didn't know you needed is here on My Fitness Pal! Good luck on your journey to create a new healthier lifestyle, and as said before, take pictures along the way!

:D
  • bobbiephilbrick
    Options
    I am soo glad I found this site, it seems exciting... Ty for all your input
  • Nixb19
    Nixb19 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I'm in Cali but will definitely be a support system for you! I love this site and my app, it has really taught me a lot since I started (really) using this site.
  • JDMPWR
    JDMPWR Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    Chicago here!!! Wicker Park checkin in!!!
  • jrlenig
    jrlenig Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Middle, IL here and yes this is the hardest time of year the wind and cold and brutal and can make it harder to be motivated, I am a full-time student ( undergrad) and mom of 2, so I feel your stress level! It is learning what to do to stop the stress eating or the stress slacking! Good luck feel free to add me as a friend for support!
  • becky2time
    Options
    This is such a great site for support, we all know the key to lose weight. Eat less, Exercise more, sounds easy enough, but its not that easy! Surrounded by folks that are all on the same mission does some how make it seems more comforting and easier, good luck on your journey!!