Two Babies and My Body Shows It

Options
I have two little girls and my body has certainly seen better days. I am trying to get in shape, feel better about myself, and be a good role model for my little ones. I will be turning 34 this week and in my younger days, I never had to workout or watch what I ate and I was in pretty amazing shape. Needless to say, I developed some bad habits that I am working to break. I am looking for buddies to help keep me accountable and motivated as I work to lose the baby weight and develop a healthier lifestyle. Anyone want to be friends?

Replies

• jennifer4567890
    jennifer4567890 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    We sound similar! I just started posting, am about to turn 33, also have two kids and my goals are to tone up and get fitter after two births. Just sent you a friend request!

-Jen
  • benne2ke
    benne2ke Posts: 3
    Options
    Great! What are the ages of your little ones? What are your thoughts on how to support each other?
  • dirtmagnets
    dirtmagnets Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'm also nearly 34, and mom of four. My youngest is now three, so it's long past time that I work on getting back in shape. Glad to be friends and chat with either or both of you. :)
  • qtiekiki
    qtiekiki Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    34 with 2 kids (4 and 5). Add me if you want.
  • JenniCali1000
    JenniCali1000 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    I've been there and know exactly what you're dealing with! Feel free to add me!
  • katimama
    katimama Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Hi! Feel free to add me! I'm 32 years old and I have a 23month old and 3 yr old. I've finally lost all the baby weight and now I am working to losing another 28lbs (after that its body re-composition work!). I'm not great about logging my food, but I'm on just about everyday and love to comment/encourage and I post to my wall a few times a week.
  • cloverfield4
    cloverfield4 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I'm pretty new around here, too. 35 year old mommy to two very busy, very sweet kiddos (4 and 18 months), and looking to whip my butt into shape. Feel free to add me and good luck!
  • enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    Hello Ladies. Feel free to add me too! I'm 35 and have a 3 year old and 13 month old. In addition, I quit smoking 5 years ago and put on 60lbs without looking back. Awful. I've lost my baby weight, now I'm working on the weight from quitting smoking. Tired of being a fat chick.
  • lucylousmummy
    lucylousmummy Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    i started at your age after having 4 kids, i'm now slimmer and fitter than i was before i had my first one, almost 16 years ago, if i can do it so can you
    good luck x
  • SlenderSelah
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I'm 35 with two sons (9 and 6).
  • jennifer4567890
    jennifer4567890 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Love this thread! My kids are almost five (son) and just turned 3 (daughter). I am new here at the forums, so just discovering all the ways we can motivate each other through the online community. I am going to be logging my food and exercise every single day, and trying to come on here every 1-2 days to write comments and interact with people. Hoping that I can expand my circle of like-minded/similar situations people. I am working out at home in the evenings right now, and it's going fine but I need lots of motivation to keep it up when the temptation to crash in front of the tv is always there!

Anyone feel free to add me! Way to go, mamas!
  • driii123
    driii123 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I am also a mom trying to get back in shape. 3 little ones - 5, 3.5 and 1.5. I am on daily. Feel free to add me :)
  • scole1008
    scole1008 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat as all of you! I have a 2 1/2 year old and 14 month old. Please feel free to add me so we can encourage eachother! I am always looking for a little push!
  • garbagedog
    Options
    Everyone can feel free to add me, too. I have two boys (4 and almost 2), have lost 12ish pounds and looking to lose 10-15 more.
  • proacha101
    Options
    I also have 2 kids. two and seven. Boy and girl. I am looking to have some more ladies on here to keep me accountable.
  • MomTo3Lovez
    MomTo3Lovez Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    I am a mom to 3 kids (13, 7, 18 months) and I just turned 37. Would love some other mom friends for support and to give support feel free to add me!
  • esp158
    esp158 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi I am a new mom of a soon to be 10 month old and had a c section I am looking to do the same and reclaim my body. Add me if you would like we could talk
  • ms_lindsay
    ms_lindsay Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hi! I just started back up on MFP again today, I am 34 Mom to 2 toddler who are going to be 2 and 3yrs this summer. I am looking for new friends and motivation too so feel free to add me too ;)

I have my final 10lbs to lose and working on the Mommy Tummy, I had 2 big babies so I am really going to be putting in the effort to get rid of it!
  • ErinMcMom
    ErinMcMom Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    OP you sound just like me! I'm a 30 year old mom of 2 girls (2.5 yrs and 4.5 yrs) working on getting back to my pre-children weight.
  • benne2ke
    benne2ke Posts: 3
    Options
    I just avoided (or perhaps adjusted) that TV temptation by setting up my laptop in front of the treadmill. I watched an hour long show and burned 340 calories. Now I don't feel so bad about relaxing a bit before bed.