Lost 20 pounds in 2 months with VERY little exercize!

Options
I've always been wanting to share this with you! I started off at 150 pounds! I had lots of excess fat! With two months of healthy eating, and using my fitness pal to ensure that I had a deficit, I went from 150 pounds to 130 pounds! This was done with very little exercize, and lots of cheat meals! You CAN do it! Never say never!

Replies

• johannaqv89
    johannaqv89 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I thought I was the only one lol. I've just been making sure to have a healthy calorie deficit and track everything on mfp. I really dont work out bc i dont have time. But ive been losing weight and feeling great. Yaaaayy us! :)
  • jakel26
    jakel26 Posts: 16
    Options
    I thought I was the only one lol. I've just been making sure to have a healthy calorie deficit and track everything on mfp. I really dont work out bc i dont have time. But ive been losing weight and feeling great. Yaaaayy us! :)

You go girl!!
  • harperjs
    harperjs Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    That's great! I told myself when I started I wasn't going to stress over exercise because I don't enjoy it. I lost 7 lbs the first month. Now I am incorporating exercise to help my endurance and am losing at the same steady rate.
  • craignev
    craignev Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    I've always been wanting to share this with you! I started off at 150 pounds! I had lots of excess fat! With two months of healthy eating, and using my fitness pal to ensure that I had a deficit, I went from 150 pounds to 130 pounds! This was done with very little exercize, and lots of cheat meals! You CAN do it! Never say never!

Congratulations on your success. However, on another thread you wrote..............
    I eat very healthy, stay at a calorie deficit, and run 3 miles everyday plus only drink water!

I wouldn't say running 3 miles everyday is 'VERY little exercise' !!
  • AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options
    Bye Bye Muscle...
  • craignev
    Options
    You also appear to be a 6 foot male who has dropped to 130lbs!!!!

I encourage you to please speak to a professional about your health.
  • marilu1727
    Options
    ummm...your body still needs exercise though....I wouldn't promote losing weight in this way. I mean watching calories and eating healthy is great but I still would have incorporated exercise into the mix on a regular basis
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    I've long known it is possible to lose weight without exercise. It's just that you can't be fit without exercise and that's been my goal. not just weight loss.
  • skittlesnhoney
    skittlesnhoney Posts: 651 Member
    Options

Congratulations on your success. However, on another thread you wrote..............
    I eat very healthy, stay at a calorie deficit, and run 3 miles everyday plus only drink water!

I wouldn't say running 3 miles everyday is 'VERY little exercise' !!

I agree, I would definitely call that more than a little exercise!

I know that I could lose weight without exercise, but I like how firm and not jiggly my body is getting. And I like seeing some muscle definition. It makes me feel strong and fit.
  • megaen29
    megaen29 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    interesting.....you also seem to be a very young male who is trying to gain two pounds. Please speak to a professional about your multiple personality disorder!! :drinker:
  • Karissa_Clohan
    Karissa_Clohan Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Are you sure you haven't just been losing water weight and muscle mass, OP?

Exercise is really important for your health - not just important to lose weight. I'm not saying you have to go hit the gym for two hours every day, 30 minutes a day five times a week is usually "enough" when only wanting to do the bare minimum. I understand how seemingly difficult exercise can be some days... but once you just suck it up and do it, you'll find that after you begin - it wasn't nearly as bad as you thought. It's really important to keep a positive attitude while working out, too. If you keep telling yourself "ugh, this sucks" then of course it's going to be difficult. But if you keep positive thoughts like "yeah, this is a little hard, but I'm proud of myself for doing it" or "this is going to help me reach my goal" - you'll see that it's a lot easier!

Either way, be safe and please don't advocate poor health habits.
  • roziyuna
    roziyuna Posts: 2
    Options
    as they say at Fuze Nutrition where I go: 20% exercise, 80% nutrition, & 100% mind set for weight loss (lose fat lbs, poss gain some muscle-strength) & to be a healthier, happier you :)
  • KandiLicious
    KandiLicious Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    The OP has written many questionable posts...I would say this is another one. :noway:
  • Lizabelle1212
    Lizabelle1212 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Well, first of all, let's at least spell correctly... there is no Z in exercise.

Secondly.... troll.

That is all.
  • NattyBrarian
    NattyBrarian Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    This is the same method that worked for me! I started food journaling here on MFP in mid-January. I went from a high of 292 in late December to 269 today. Yes, I still have a long way to go, but I know that any long-term manageable weight-loss HAS to be a permanent lifestyle change. And since I DESPISE exercise, I just started with food journaling and trying to keep within my calorie/nutrient guidelines as set by MFP based on my low activity level and the goal of losing 2 lb./wk. I've had a couple of jags where I got off track, but I managed to pick it back up where I left off after a day or two, and only had one weekly weigh in where I gained. I've steadily lost just over 2 lb./wk. I'm always as honest and complete as I can be with my journal entries, even when I see that daily calorie count number turn red and climb into the overage zone. I'm only accountable to myself, but I've got a nice batch of cheerleaders on here, on FB in IRL, which also helps.

Today I let MFP reset my goals since I'd lost 23 lb. so far, and it's cut me by 90 cal/day - so that will be my next challenge! I try to walk more, and I was trying to commit to going to water aerobics twice a week at the local pool (free!), but as I knew about myself, I am inconsistent at best with the exercise. So knowing that at least the mindfulness that has come from food journaling has led to real results is the encouragement I needed to press on.
  • starvinkevin
    Options
    I lost 18 lbs with no exercise too over the past 2 months. Just gotta be strict on your diet.
  • craignev
    Options
    I lost 18 lbs with no exercise too over the past 2 months. Just gotta be strict on your diet.

There's no doubting that, but the OP has been running 3 miles a day and has also just started a new topic asking how many cals he burned running up & down stairs for 22 mins!

He's also 6' tall and weighs 130lbs!!
  • BreatheAshley
    BreatheAshley Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Wow, that is awesome. Congrats. <3
  • jakel26
    jakel26 Posts: 16
    Options
    I am now getting into the whole exersize thing. However, the 20 pounds came off with limited exersize! I am not a "troll". Nothing close.
  • starvinkevin
    Options
    I can relate - I use to run 8-10 miles, 3x a week on 1200 cals a day. I lost 28 lbs in 2.5 months - weight loss is ADDICTING. OP is addicted - but he'll burn out soon, both mentally and physically. For me, it was the crippling back pain that resulted from all that running - what followed was mental stagnation and boredom that led me to regain 40 lbs lol. Go ahead OP - knock yourself out!

There's no doubting that, but the OP has been running 3 miles a day and has also just started a new topic asking how many cals he burned running up & down stairs for 22 mins!

He's also 6' tall and weighs 130lbs!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!