Have I completely ruined everything?

Options
I've been doing so well at not buying junk food for weeks so I don't eat it, but this week I have so many essays due and so much work that I let myself buy some chocolate and cookies. The cookies are those big ones and they come in bags of 5. I just ate all 5 this afternoon and I looked into how many calories the bag is and it is 950 for all 5! I actually feel faint with how bad that is. I also had like a whole bar of chocolate too which really cannot be good. Probably another 500 calories at least. I've not eaten horribly apart from that today, but I haven't eaten brilliantly either. Like I had toast for breakfast and salad for lunch, but it had rice in the salad and sweet chilli dressing so it wasn't as low in calories as it could have been. I've also eaten a lot of carrot sticks and tzatziki today, although considering what else I could have been snacking on I suppose that's good. I'm so annoyed because I had no idea whatsoever that it was that high!

Replies

• Greenrun99
    Greenrun99 Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    1 day won't ruin weeks of progress.. just do better tomorrow and don't restrict yourself so much.
  • ElliottTN
    ElliottTN Posts: 1,614 Member
    Options
    Believe it or not, you will live to fight another day :)
  • lemonsnowdrop
    lemonsnowdrop Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    No. Just log it and move on. Tomorrow is a new day. Weight gain doesn't happen in one day.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Live and learn. Most of us have had a calorie shock like that at some point. Do better tomorrow and keep going forward!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,663 Member
    Options
    Yep you should definitely quit forever.

It's one day. If all it took was one day, then we should be able to pig out one and get fat, and then fast the next and be skinny again. And you know it doesn't work that way. Chalk it up to a lesson learned about cookies.
    Finish off today a little lighter in calories then continue regularly tomorrow.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • hill8570
    hill8570 Posts: 1,466 Member
    Options
    No sweat, log and move on.

Might want to think how to pace yourself when you've got junk food available -- I try to keep a couple hundred calories available per day for "crap".
  • smelius22
    smelius22 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I ate a slice of pizza worth 976 cals last night. Still managed to come in within 100 cals of my daily goal. You can do this! Tomorrow is a new day!
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    I'm so annoyed because I had no idea whatsoever that it was that high!

Don't sweat it. Now you know, and that's what'll help going forward.

:)
  • numberonecynic
    numberonecynic Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I intentionally have a blow out now and again. I really enjoy it and look forward to the next one. I find it keeps me on track. Don't regret it, enjoy it and get back into your program the next day.
  • Sunbrooke
    Sunbrooke Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    It will be okay. Next time you buy cookies, try to get a single serving. I used to like those brownie bowls. Get a veggie tray and some hummas or guacamole packets for quick snack food. Stay away from the trigger foods when you are stressed.
  • Branstin
    Branstin Posts: 2,320 Member
    Options
    We can't change the past. All we can do is live and learn. Everyone is entitled to their day and this is your day. Tomorrow is a new day. So, stop kicking yourself and start over fresh tomorrow.
  • sweetpea03b
    sweetpea03b Posts: 1,124 Member
    Options
    Sometimes you have to look at the week instead of the day. Try to get back on track today and eat well the rest of your meals... then Make up for it tomorrow by doing a little more exercise or eating really well - don't sweat it! Everyone has bad days... as long as you have more good days than bad you're still on track!
  • jennifer_a00
    jennifer_a00 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    You are fine! Make sure you log it all and move on. If you went over today, you went over. Sometimes if I have a really high calorie day or two I look at my weekly calorie allotment, instead of my daily, and if I just stay kind of low (not too low) on my calories the rest of the week, I still will still lose that week :)
  • bachampion04
    bachampion04 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    No worries at all..Stay vigilante!

One "whoops" will not ruin ya at all :-)

- James
  • MarioLozano16
    MarioLozano16 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    You just lost all your gains
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    Don't restrict!! Just eat everything in moderation. :happy:
  • Blacklance36
    Blacklance36 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    My thought is that you realize it now and are learning.
  • Clash1001
    Clash1001 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    STOP EVERYTHING!!
    I ate a slice of pizza worth 976 cals last night. Still managed to come in within 100 cals of my daily goal. You can do this! Tomorrow is a new day!

Please tell me more about this thousand calorie slice, was it glorious? It must have been glorious...

That was also my first thought....tell me about this pizza!
  • AreUjoking2
    AreUjoking2 Posts: 142
    Options
    STOP EVERYTHING!!

Please tell me more about this thousand calorie slice, was it glorious? It must have been glorious...
    bwahahahahahaha, seriously, please share your delicious goodness!