Burning Man 2014?

Options
Phera
Phera Posts: 269 Member
Hola,

I was just curious if there are other burners on here going this year? If so, are you on here specifically to lose weight for BM? How many years have you gone? So far I'm going with my husband, and three others in the preliminary stages of planning. We're probably not going to be joining one of the big camps but would love to hear what others are planning this year.

Replies

• 9kitsune
    9kitsune Posts: 21
    Options
    me me me! im not specifically working on my body for burning man but that is good motivation now that you mention it. last year was my first year, i just went with my two sisters and a friend. we just had our own little camp on the outskirts, probably will do the same this year cause its nice to be able to get away from everything sometimes.
  • Phera
    Options
    I can't believe how fast tickets sold out this year. I went in 2010 and there was an estimated 50k people that year and I read that last year was the biggest burn yet. With the super fast sell out this year I wonder if they're going to release more tickets or not.
  • 9kitsune
    9kitsune Posts: 21
    Options
    really i thought last year was bigger? i think i read somewhere there was like 65k attendees. theres still the low income tickets & another ticket sale in july. last year i got my ticket a week before off craiglist but this year im prepared! bought tickets from the last sale :bigsmile:
  • pdxvintagette
    pdxvintagette Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm going, and frankly, I have never been fit at the event. This will be my fourth year, and I am very determined to make sure I arrive fit, even if I haven't hit my weight loss goal yet. I've always been able to bike all week without trouble, but I know the heat will affect me less dramatically with less weight! I'm going with my business partner and a dear friend who just lost his wife. My partner has been camping in the same spot for 11 years, and so we've sort of gotten absorbed into a small theme camp that took over the location.

I bring beautiful homemade cakes that I serve on Tuesday with Swiss Buttercream Frosting, and I host vintagey-people that I meet on the playa in our trailer, as I bring almost all of my home bar to make classic cocktails. (I confess, I will work my tail off until the Burn, but will be as decadent as I please that week.)
  • Phera
    Options
    I love the idea of classic cocktails on the playa. When my husband and I went, we were tent campers and built a monkey hut for shade so I couldn't conceive of how you kept the buttercream cool and beautiful out there. We're going to have some difficult logistics this time as two of our friends are coming from out of country (one from France and one from Canada) but we'll figure it out as 3 of us are engineers and 2 movie/TV people. Keep in touch so we can toast our fit selves in August. :-)