stuck

Options
so I did really well lost a bunch of weight over three months between july and October last year. then the holidays hit and I platued which was some what expected. im just glad I didn't gain it all back. no im having trouble getting off that flat and back to losing. I seem to have lost my motivation somewhere. honestly kinda frustrating. usually I'm a mind over mater kind of person but it seems to be taking more than I can muster right now any ideas or suggestions.

Replies

• cebreisch
    cebreisch Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    I'm going through that, and have frankly seen a lot of other people on the message boards feeling the same way. They lost their drive, or motivation, or as one person said, lost their "bad@ss".

It's been work for me to get back to the point of "doing this for me" and not giving a hoot what other people say or think about what I'm doing or how I'm doing it. Right now, one thing that's aggravating me most is my mother harassing me to get lap-band surgery. I was thinking about it a couple years ago, and lost a good amount of weight, so put it off.

Now, I've gained back enough that it's bothering me, and I don't want to gain the rest back.

One step at a time, one breath at a time....just start doing things that are reasonably within your comfort zone that will offer a bit of a challenge, but not so much that it'll blow you out. I used to get bacon/egg/cheese biscuits or egg mcmuffins all the time for breakfast. Now, I usually have yogurt and a protein bar. Used to drink 3-5 or more soda's a day. Now try to keep it down to 1, maybe 2, and drink more water. Used to get fried chicken all the time, now getting more grilled chicken. Etc.

It's all about finding changes that you're willing to make that will put you in a better place.

For what it's worth....and hope you're able to get your groove back soon!!
  • clijun
    clijun Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    thanks im working on it. good job on the food changes. i made a couple similar choices i stopped drinking soda all together this year. some time last year i wanted to decrease the fat content of my diet so i stopped eating deep fried food for a month now i couldn't eat them if i wanted to, all i taste is fryer grease.

I think your right that i need to get back to doing it for me. I've been having a round of depression that I know what the source of is but im having a hard time putting it out of my mind.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    The only thing that helps me is telling myself this: Nobody is going to do it for me.

If you want it, you will do it. It has to come from within.
  • EAguilera27
    EAguilera27 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You are not alone!
    We all go through this. I've just got myself out of the slump. I have signed up for a 1/2 marathon in april and barely started working out and It will be my 1st one- the most i have ran is a 5k I cant even imagine doing 13.1 miles but even if i walk most of it i have reached at least 1 goal for 2014. What do you enjoy and what is an ultimate goal of yours? This year I have lined up a few runs like the spartan race (i'll prob pass out) but its ok lol. Last year I started with 5k fun runs, did one every month with my family it kept us active but once the holidays came around it was downhill for me as well. Its my 3rd week of getting back on track though, just remember how great it feels to get it done. Surround yourself with people who inspire and motivate you as well. You can do it!
  • clijun
    clijun Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    i have herd of the Spartan race don't know if i up to that yet but im planning on doing bloomsday in may. i started training for it last week. its something like 7.2 miles. the most i have jogged without stopping is 3 so its going to be quite the challenge. beyond my dog i don't really have a running buddy. not sure if that's because i work nights or because i don't know too many people who like to run.