I've hit a plateau :(

Options
Ok...it's been almost 2 weeks with no weight loss....it seems like since I got to 100...I pretty much stopped....I still have 80 more to go....how do I get over this plateau?

Replies

• diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    A plateau is generally defined as 4-6+ weeks without any movement on the scale and no changes to your routine. Two weeks without a loss could be something as simple as your body holding onto a little extra water weight while it adjusts, but we need more information to help you.

Would you be comfortable opening your diary for us? Settings > Diary Settings > Public and Save Changes.

How accurately are you logging your food? Are you using a food scale? measuring cups? eyeballing portion sizes?

Are you exercising? If so, are you logging your exercise and eating back the extra calories? If so, are you using MFP/gym machine estimates of your burn or a heart rate monitor?

What are your stats (height, weight, age, activity level) and what is your calorie goal? What does your exercise routine look like?

Do you have any medical conditions that might hinder your weight loss?
  • aprilflower18232
    aprilflower18232 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I don't log....simply because I don't actually count calories..I know I eat anywhere from 1200-1400 calories a day...my diet has not changed....and I work out 6x a week for 45-60 minutes
  • chunkybun
    chunkybun Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I hit a 2 week stand-still recently. I started logging my water, and found I wasn't getting enough. As soon as I upped my water intake, I dropped 2 lbs.

Even if you don't pay attention to calories, you should still log what you eat.

1- if you are completely, 100% honest, you may find some extra snacking or foods you are not really consciously thinking about.

2-As noted above, when asking questions like this, people can be more helpful if they can see what you are doing.

There are a lot of studies that show people who keep a food diary, (not necessarily calories) are far more successful than those who "just know".
  • sentaruu
    sentaruu Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    try logging, it might help.
  • Ysmir
    Ysmir Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    try logging, it might help.
    ^ it can't hurt. And if it leads you to find the solution, all the better.
  • Ftw37
    Ftw37 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    A plateau is generally defined as 4-6+ weeks without any movement on the scale and no changes to your routine. Two weeks without a loss could be something as simple as your body holding onto a little extra water weight while it adjusts, but we need more information to help you.

Would you be comfortable opening your diary for us? Settings > Diary Settings > Public and Save Changes.

How accurately are you logging your food? Are you using a food scale? measuring cups? eyeballing portion sizes?

Are you exercising? If so, are you logging your exercise and eating back the extra calories? If so, are you using MFP/gym machine estimates of your burn or a heart rate monitor?

What are your stats (height, weight, age, activity level) and what is your calorie goal? What does your exercise routine look like?

Do you have any medical conditions that might hinder your weight loss?

This.

My stalls have been due to:

a) not accurately weighing/measuring food--allowing extra calories to sneak in
    b) not drinking enough water
    c) eating back exercise calories. I now do not trust the reported calorie burns very much anymore.