New Moms - Post Pregnancy Weight Loss

Options
Hi All,

I would like to have some buddies to help me lose the the baby weight gained! I just had a baby 3 months ago and I'm ready to lose this weight. Get back to a healthy lifestyle for me and my family!!! Looking forward to this lifestyle change. The first month I tried the HCG diet...WHY did I do that? It was only 500 calories a day and I was just hungry all the time. I lost 15 lbs and gained the weight all back and now I'm miserable. I realize diets don't work! Best way is healthy long term change! Please help!

Replies

• lemonsnowdrop
    lemonsnowdrop Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Hi there! My son is nine months old, and I've already lost all of the baby weight. It is possible, but you're right, you need to have a long term, sustainable plan. I'm not breast feeding, so my nutritional needs are different than someone who is. I seriously hope you aren't breast feeding on 500 calories, since a BF mother is supposed to consume 500 MORE calories than she herself needs.
  • PinkCoconut
    PinkCoconut Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    I have a 7-week old! Friend me and let's chat!
  • tallvesl99
    tallvesl99 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I had my last child when i was 36 years old. I had gained 70 pounds! The baby only weighed 10 pounds. When he was 4 weeks old, I was only down 40 pounds so I had some serious work to do. I began a healthy diet, CUT OUT just about all REFINed sugar and starting walking him in his stroller every day after work. It took about a year, but the weight came off. I have fought my weight most of my life but MFP is a HUGE help. Best wishes to you on your weight loss journey.
  • mbennett024
    mbennett024 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    My baby is 8 months now. I am breastfeeding so I lost almost all of my pregnancy weight with NO effort but that's not so great because I was 175 pre pregnancy. I'm around 180 now. I just started the Focus T25 exercise video program from beachbody today and it was awesome! I have already been eating whole, clean foods and trying to cut out most of my sugar intake. Don't do any fad diets! They are pointless. Good luck! Friend me if you want :)
  • meghanwasham
    Options
    You are going love T25! That is how I lost most of my baby weight. It got me excited about working out.
  • jade_222
    jade_222 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    My son is 9 months old and I gained 55 pounds. I've lost 25 and he was 9 lbs 2 oz. I have 14.5 pounds to go till pre-pregnancy weight. I'm currently doing Insanity. I think T25 would be a better work out though because it is shorter. Month 2 of Insanity takes an hour and that's a lot of time away from my baby. Usually he plays by me when I do the workout, and plays with his Dad but I would much rather be done and get the calorie burn from T25. I only have 23 workouts left though! Then I think I will start T25. Good luck, feel free to friend me.
  • Sherrington737
    Sherrington737 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Feel free to friend me!

I have a 9 week old little man, and am 1 week into MFP.

I'm rachael, and weigh 218. I was way over weight before falling pregnant, and am actually at my pre-pregnancy weight now, having been really sick, throughout my pregnancy! I'm breast feeding and figure if I don't try to lose weight now, I may never, so now is my time to change the habits of a lifetime.

i have a long way to go, but have decided enough is enough, and can never have too many friends here to keep me in check!

X
  • AprilTom
    AprilTom Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I newest addition is a year, and I just started using this again Add me I also need some motivation!
  • Jwold55
    Jwold55 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    My son is 9 months old! I'm down 30 pounds from my pre pregnancy weight of 200 lbs, well on my way to a healthy weight :) I'm breastfeeding as well, but my son is older so i can cut calories more so than someone with a newborn..
  • crbella143
    crbella143 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi everyone! I had my precious baby girl 6 weeks ago and I am eager to drop the extra weight. However I have some challenges ahead of me with this and am looking for any help I can get.I am breastfeeding so that has helped me loose a few pounds but I would like to loose 20 more. About 10 weeks into my pregnancy I lost the use of my legs, for reasons we still are unclear about, and now can walk but require a walker to get around. As you can image this creates some problems when trying to exercise since I can basically only use the upper half of my body so cardio is out. So anyone who has any ideas for a fitness program to help me loose the weight since I know diet alone will not be enough I would greatly appreciate your help. Also any suggestions on a good diet that is safe while still making sure my little angel is getting everything she needs would be so helpful for this first time mommy.
  • I3righti3lue24
    I3righti3lue24 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Your welcome to add me as a friend, I am 10 weeks post partum on my second kid.
  • susanmc31
    susanmc31 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I am due on Sunday and I hope to drop the weight off once our little one is out! Feel free to add me!