Hi, I'm new...kind of.

Options
Not really. I've been on and off MFP for a long time. I've made progress, done some backsliding, two steps forward, three steps back. I've tried out almost all of the features of MFP - charts/graphs, calorie/macro counting, lurking in the success stories threads for motivation...the one thing I haven't tried - I've never had friends on here. Maybe that's what I need...? Maybe opening my diary to "friends" will keep me accountable, maybe an occasional "atta girl" when I drop a lb or stay within my calories for the day will motivate me to keep going? I'm not even sure if that's how the friend feature works on here...I assume friends can see that stuff.

Anyway, I don't know if MFP friends are the missing ingredient, but definitely willing to give it a whirl. When I stop trying, I'll consider this journey a failure, and I'm not ready to throw in the towel yet. If support is what I'm missing, then I'm going to find myself some support.

Anybody want to be my supportive friend? I'll reciprocate as best as I'm able.

My "friend" qualifications:
- I'm mostly nice
- I'm occasionally funny
- I'm a nerd, which kind of seems to be in vogue lately, yay me.
- I'm currently on an 8 day streak on MFP, so I'm kind of awesome
- I'm not a bot
- ...I have bow staff skills...OK, not really, I'd probably whack myself in the head and break stuff...like my nose.
- I'm honest.

....that's about all I've got to offer. Friend me?

Replies

• Babysunny07
    Babysunny07 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Good Morning! 8 day streak...that's not "kind of" that is VERY awesome!! My wifi likes to mess with me so it doesn't let me log on sometimes so I lose my streak on occasion. I will do my very best to keep you accountable and continue to cheer you on. Everyone one needs a cheering section!!! :D
  • Loss4TheWin
    Loss4TheWin Posts: 249
    Options
    Thanks Babysunny! Friend request accepted, looking forward to trying out this whole "supportive friend' thing :)
  • Loss4TheWin
    Options
    Anyone else? If bow staff skills are really that important, I can try...
  • twistyshakes
    twistyshakes Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Haha, I'm usually always online. Even if I'm sleeping. Because I'm THAT cool. :)

I'm here if you need to talk to anyone or just need support. Or, of course if you want to help me finish my tub of ice cream. I'll let you have one scoop. :tongue:

I'll send you a request.
    And trust me, being accountable to someone REALLY helps. It's a loong journey and completing it alone is really hard :)
  • jenn_ed
    jenn_ed Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Hello :) I've sent a friend request! It took me a while to get involved with the MFP community too. I've found it easier to stay on track when I know there are other people seeing my progress (or lack thereof). I'm on here all the time! Just don't tell my boss ;)
  • Me2FitMe
    Me2FitMe Posts: 1,284 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me... I'm a work in progress but so close to goal. But not planing on stopping there :)
  • oliolioli92
    oliolioli92 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am in EXACTLY the same situation...always had it, never had friends, is it key? I am not sure, but I am feeling determined and I am in a good place at the moment with my weight loss, so would love to offer my support if you'll have it :smile:
  • iwannabeshehulk
    Options
    im in the same boat :P ive had the app downloaded for ages but never added anyone. im sending you a request because all of the points you listed are everything im looking for in a friend on here xD haha especially the not a bot part :P
  • Loss4TheWin
    Options
    Yay, I have friends! Thanks :)
  • kbolton322
    kbolton322 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    You can friend me... I've been here for a few years on and off... more on the past few months... I chat most days since I'm at work and and a little bit of free time...
  • vanessawatson41
    Options
    I'm like really new at this.. just started on this site... looking for some friends
  • Loss4TheWin
    Options
    I'm like really new at this.. just started on this site... looking for some friends

Well, I happen to be, like, totally popular now. Not sure if you knew this, but, I've got 10 friends, so....yeah. I'm obviously kind of a big deal. I'll show you the ropes, kid.

...orrrrrrr, I'll just send you a friend request and we can figure this out together...
  • mrsfyredude
    mrsfyredude Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Not really. I've been on and off MFP for a long time. I've made progress, done some backsliding, two steps forward, three steps back. I've tried out almost all of the features of MFP - charts/graphs, calorie/macro counting, lurking in the success stories threads for motivation...the one thing I haven't tried - I've never had friends on here. Maybe that's what I need...? Maybe opening my diary to "friends" will keep me accountable, maybe an occasional "atta girl" when I drop a lb or stay within my calories for the day will motivate me to keep going? I'm not even sure if that's how the friend feature works on here...I assume friends can see that stuff.

Anyway, I don't know if MFP friends are the missing ingredient, but definitely willing to give it a whirl. When I stop trying, I'll consider this journey a failure, and I'm not ready to throw in the towel yet. If support is what I'm missing, then I'm going to find myself some support.

Anybody want to be my supportive friend? I'll reciprocate as best as I'm able.

My "friend" qualifications:
    - I'm mostly nice
    - I'm occasionally funny
    - I'm a nerd, which kind of seems to be in vogue lately, yay me.
    - I'm currently on an 8 day streak on MFP, so I'm kind of awesome
    - I'm not a bot
    - ...I have bow staff skills...OK, not really, I'd probably whack myself in the head and break stuff...like my nose.
    - I'm honest.

....that's about all I've got to offer. Friend me?

LOL! Bow Staff skills......

daffy-duck-010.gif
  • jasoncbackus
    jasoncbackus Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Anyone, feel free to add me (just include a message letting me know why) :drinker:
  • kuderstadt
    kuderstadt Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Friends are awesome. Feel free to add me! (anyone else too, just tell me it's from the kind-of-new post!)